Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Ardsley-Secor VAC To Get New Ambulance?

5 posts in this topic

From the Village Of Ardsley Newsletter, August 2009

The Ardsley Secor Volunteer Ambulance Corps (ASVAC) is pleased to announce that we will be receiving an ambulance courtesy of a grant from the Carvel Foundation.

ASVAC currently operates a 200? Ford/Lifeline. They have only one ambulance. In recent years, their call load has doubled to 600 calls a year (for a just over 1 square mile district). I know they replace their ambulance every 10 years, and just built a new headquarters that only has one bay, so my question is- will this ambulance replace the current "914"/50-B-1 or will ASVAC recieve this new one and keep the current one as a second?

Thanks to anyone who can answer this question for me!

ASVAC is estimating 700 calls for this year, and decided that we should keep the both ambulances. We purchased another Lifeline and 50-B2 should be delivered in Mid-September.

ASVAC is estimating 700 calls for this year, and decided that we should keep the both ambulances. We purchased another Lifeline and 50-B2 should be delivered in Mid-September.

Cool! Thanks for the info! ASVAC certainly has come a long way since my grandfather started it decades ago.

Where will the new ambulance be housed? Will it be on the same Ford E-series chasis?

Thanks again for the info!

ASVAC and its members do a great job for the village of Ardsley and the village next to them. thats why the calls have gone up!!!!! i just hope they are around when one of my family needs them!!!! B)