Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KC2OBW

HT1250 Quick Call Alerting (Dutchess County)

10 posts in this topic

I am curious if any one was successful in getting their HT1250 to alert for Ductchess County Tones, The Commercial EMS tones open with out a problem, and I know the reason.

Yeah but how? I know how to program it for it, and I have in the past but it never works..works fine on the commercial EMS Tones, but non of the fire districts and I know the reason with the tones being short.

Yeah but how? I know how to program it for it, and I have in the past but it never works..works fine on the commercial EMS Tones, but non of the fire districts and I know the reason with the tones being short.

Are the tones actually QC II format? Check if the duration of each tone is within the QC II format, otherwise you may have to play around in the QC menu a bit.

Are you trying to put multiple sets of tones in or just one? It has been a very long time since I programed one. I don't know if it can do multiple tones

Many but not all of the two-tone combinations for Dutchess County have a shortened second tone and that is why the Moto potables don't alert..... I don't remember the timings but the second tone is something like 1/10 of a second shorter and the portables just won't allow the decode...... It's some thing that Moto could easily fix and many dealers throughout the country have been fighting for for years but in typical pig headed Motorola fashion, they have refused to address it......

Motorola is not very responsive to their customers and their needs in my opinion - at least as the fire service goes..........For the longest time, most of the Moto products the fire service uses were designed for the needs of the law enforcement community and just marketed to us..... They finally started taking the fire service into account one of the most notable examples was the changes in the knobs on the portables where you could adjust them with a gloved hand.....

Are you trying to put multiple sets of tones in or just one? It has been a very long time since I programed one. I don't know if it can do multiple tones

I am just trying to but a ab/ac combination in. I know how to program quick call, I know how to program my radio. Photounit pretty much hit it on the head why it won't decode. Motorola could fix it with a simple Firmware update like vertex..When the New VX-350's series came out they wouldn't decode the tones. The dealer I used to work for made a friendly phone call or email and within a few days vertex corrected the issue and sent the shop a firmware update via email.

Many but not all of the two-tone combinations for Dutchess County have a shortened second tone and that is why the Moto potables don't alert..... I don't remember the timings but the second tone is something like 1/10 of a second shorter and the portables just won't allow the decode...... It's some thing that Moto could easily fix and many dealers throughout the country have been fighting for for years but in typical pig headed Motorola fashion, they have refused to address it......

Motorola is not very responsive to their customers and their needs in my opinion - at least as the fire service goes..........For the longest time, most of the Moto products the fire service uses were designed for the needs of the law enforcement community and just marketed to us..... They finally started taking the fire service into account one of the most notable examples was the changes in the knobs on the portables where you could adjust them with a gloved hand.....

Or then again the county could solve the problem as well however since some one from the county radio over-cite group showed up at a fire Dept and spoke about the recent radio changes and then went straight into a Vertex sales pitch I see several issues with the way that the communications are run in Dutchess County.

Or then again the county could solve the problem as well however since some one from the county radio over-cite group showed up at a fire Dept and spoke about the recent radio changes and then went straight into a Vertex sales pitch I see several issues with the way that the communications are run in Dutchess County.

If I'm not mistaken, Vertex is now owned by Motorola.......

If I'm not mistaken, Vertex is now owned by Motorola.......

Yes you are correct...