Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DR104

New White Plains Rescue Medic Team

5 posts in this topic

Looks like a great service. It would be great to see other municipalities, counties, etc. do something like this. Besides NYC and White Plains, is this service offered anywhere else?

It could have been editing or the Commissioner misspoke when he said, "... Other than NYC, and particularly in Westchester; we are the only team that will have the ability to provide emergency rescue assistance."

There are a few teams in Westchester that can provide, "emergency rescue assistance." In all fairness, the editing was quick and could have cut him off mid sentence or before he elaborated on the statement.

It's nice to see that they have 6 Paramedics in addition to 6 EMTs. Very nice

It could have been editing or the Commissioner misspoke when he said, "... Other than NYC, and particularly in Westchester; we are the only team that will have the ability to provide emergency rescue assistance."

There are a few teams in Westchester that can provide, "emergency rescue assistance." In all fairness, the editing was quick and could have cut him off mid sentence or before he elaborated on the statement.

It's nice to see that they have 6 Paramedics in addition to 6 EMTs. Very nice

They are EMT-I and Medics. What commissioner was going to say is that the team can provide emergency rescue assistance at a ALS level. All White Plains,no outside source. Cops and Firemen working as a team!!!!! (WOW I said it!!!! Lol):blink: I know Greenbugh Police has a team with cop medics, but i think its only on PD side. FD helps and is on the call but they can't do ALS PT care.Commissioner Straub is a very smart man, In fact he has a PHD so i think he wouldn't just say anything for the camera. BTW, who else in Westhchester has a team? Thanks

They are EMT-I and Medics. What commissioner was going to say is that the team can provide emergency rescue assistance at a ALS level. All White Plains,no outside source. Cops and Firemen working as a team!!!!! (WOW I said it!!!! Lol) :blink: I know Greenbugh Police has a team with cop medics, but i think its only on PD side. FD helps and is on the call but they can't do ALS PT care.Commissioner Straub is a very smart man, In fact he has a PHD so i think he wouldn't just say anything for the camera. BTW, who else in Westhchester has a team? Thanks

Rich- PhD or not and taken at face value; his statement is enthusiastically over the top and wrong. He simply misspoke and discounted every Rescue Company, TRT, S&R, Squads if any, etc. The statement, (as presented in the edited video) is that this is the "only team that will have the ability to provide emergency rescue assistance" This is presented to the public and would not be any different from starting a really good fire company and saying it is, "the only team that will have the ability to put out a fire." My issue was with that statement; not the team.

(At least one other team in Westchester includes police, fire, ems, a couple of MDs, etc. That is not what my post was about though. Just responding to your question. Feel free to PM me if you'd like. )

I am the one that originally posted the Photos from this drill and think that forming this team and the focus on Medics is great. Best wishes guys!

-Jim

(Post edited to correct spelling)

Edited by JimmyPFD