Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
61MACKBR1

NBC's New Show "TRAUMA" reviews

41 posts in this topic

From TV.com:

All you accident scene-fanatics and, um, Dario Scardapane devotees mourn. Blow-'em-up then sew-'em-up medical action series Trauma has not received a further episode order. They'll finish out their original 13 and then be MedEvac'd to the great ICU in the sky.

From TV.com:

Forget the ICU...straight to the morgue.

I'm actually surprised that any of you expected realism. It's drama, for TV... it's about the ratings not the realism. 99% of it would not be allowed and would result in serious job losses for sure. I actually like the show.. not because of the realism, but because the characters crack me up and they're interactions make it watchable. Just my .02.

Having watched the first 30 minutes of this show this evening, I have seen things that I would say is right out of "Hollywood" and would never be done, allowed, or followed in real life situations. Like a Medivac Helicopter lading on a bridge right next to the scene without a proper Landing Setup done by other firefighters or police personnel on the ground (didn't see any marked off Landing Zone during the shot). Then, when a small child has some srapenal lodged in his throat, a Male Flight Nurse on board the Medi-Vac, blantenlty disobeys the instructions of the doctor at the hospital and cuts a airway in the childs throat to clear an airway, In Flight. Also, is it standard practice to have the mother travel "in flight" on a run from the scene to the hospital?

Now, the explosions and acting seem to be fine and it appears to be somewhat heart touching, but to me it looks like this show is a combination of MASH meets Emergency/Rescue 8 meets ER meets Rescue Me.

What does eveyone else think of the show so far?

Bring back Buddy Ebson in Rescue 8 right 61MACKBR1 !

Actually Rescue 8 starred Jim Davis (who later on played Grandpa Ewing on "Dallas") and Lang Jefferies. I am surprised that many still remember that show. It was the fore-runner to Emergency. It was on ABC-TV from 1958 to 1960.

Rescue 8 is a syndicated American action drama series about Los Angeles County Fire Department Rescue Squad Number 8. It premiered in 1958, and originally ran for two seasons with syndicated reruns continuing for almost a decade after. It starred Jim Davis (1909-1981) as fireman Wes Cameron, and Lang Jeffries (1930-1987) as fireman Skip Johnson. The series was produced by Screen Gems, with directors Dann Cahn and William Witney. A total of seventy-three half-hour episodes were produced.

The real Los Angeles County Fire Department Station 8 is at 7643 West Santa Monica Boulevard in West Hollywood, California. This series showed more physically-oriented rescues than the later, similar television series Emergency!, as firemen were not trained as paramedics at the time of its production

I'm actually surprised that any of you expected realism. It's drama, for TV... it's about the ratings not the realism. 99% of it would not be allowed and would result in serious job losses for sure. I actually like the show.. not because of the realism, but because the characters crack me up and they're interactions make it watchable. Just my .02.

ditto

it's a good TELEVISION SHOW

that's all it is...a TELEVISION SHOW lol

nothing more, nothing less

just watched the first episode a few nights ago, the opening scene was great, really action packed.

ditto

it's a good TELEVISION SHOW

that's all it is...a TELEVISION SHOW lol

nothing more, nothing less

just watched the first episode a few nights ago, the opening scene was great, really action packed.

I agree completely...I don't know about anyone else, but I don't really want to watch something that makes me feel like I'm at work, when I'm not. It is an entertaining look at a pretty boring and uneventful job...what are people looking for "realism" expecting...footage of everyone sitting around all day or doing interfacility transports...I for one, watch the show regularly and will keep watching it until the network decides to cancel it, like just about every other good show out there. also just my .02

I think the gripe here is this show is being compared to shows like 3rd watch, and ER, etc... which even though a hollywood TV show, it is minorly believeable and somewhat realistic. You can guarantee the writers and crews on ER spent alot of time figuring out proper terminology, a general indea on treatments for cases, etc. to make it at least close to being believeable. I know it can be picked apart by those who know how the real world works, but still. I saw one episode of trauma and I wasn't really interested. As I said it's not like we expected it to be exactly like we do in the real world, but it could have been a little more toned down instead of all action, explosions, and craziness.

Edited by EFFP411

One word...HORRIBLE!!!

This "show" is terrible! Sorry, didnt read many of the replies to this topic, but this show is a waste of time (in my own opinion of course lol).

Watched the 1st episode and it was sooooooo dramatic/overdone/Hollwood.

Even my wife who is non-fire/ems was like "really? This show is terrible."

Dont waste your time.

I was excited to finally see a program that was EMS/ER based. Unfortunately, this show does not do it for me and i will NEVER watch it again.

Edited by BFD1054

Its a medical drama. Its just like how Rescue Me and Law And Order aren't based off of facts of the job, but about the drama of it all. I personally like the show

Its a medical drama. Its just like how Rescue Me and Law And Order aren't based off of facts of the job, but about the drama of it all. I personally like the show

You mean CMEs won't be given out for watching this show? Damn!