Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AndyC3J

Hand-drawn hose reel in Pleasantville?

3 posts in this topic

Does anyone here have any photos (or better yet, solid info) on a hand-drawn hose reel in Pleasantville FD?

Reason I ask, is that my parents and I have one that we've been trying to pin down an approximate age, and a manufacturer name. We've not been able to find any kind of plate on it, and very few photos that look close enough to the same. I believe that it "may" be a Gleason & Bailey, but we can't confirm as of yet.

I had the piece in question judged today for Middletown's parade, and the judging was done by Westchester County parade judges, one of whom told me that Pleasantville has one that's nearly identical to ours. So, I'm hoping that there may be somebody from PFD who knows a bit about their version and can hopefully lead me/us in the right direction to ID'ing ours.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

Here is a photo I got of it at PLeasantville's parade this year. Listed as a 1902 Seagrave, for the Daniel P Hays Hose Company of the Pleasantville FD. PLeasantville also has a 189? Howe hand pumper that is stored in the lobby of its HQ. I do not have a photo of that one. Anyway here is the hose cart

post-917-1254649286.jpg

Edited by grumpyff

Thanks for the pic. That does look quite similar to ours, however ours doesn't have the decorative top piece (bell, lantern hangers, etc.). Whether that was disposed of at some point or was never there to begin with is unknown.

EDIT: For comparison purposes, here's a link to a Tom Aurnhammer photo of our cart on display at the '07 Catskill Fire-Cats muster. Hose reel

Edited by AndyC3J