Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ajsbear

Ford Warranties

19 posts in this topic

While many have posted about new rigs, new cars available no one has really posted about this. Many of our departments have F series trucks, expeditions etc. What happens when there is an obvious problem, like 2 years after you take delivery and the paint starts to blister and peel? Local dealer refuses to cover the car under warranty. It's now 5 years and we still get no satisfaction.

I know our 2005 F-450 truck nose style 6.0L powerstroke has blown about 6 turbo's and various other parts that seem to go along with the problems ford had with the 6.0. The dealer honored our warranty and replaced all issues. If the vehicle is under warranty, the stealership should fix it as long as there is no fine print in your contract. i would check out the contract. on that same truck, the box, built by trauma hawk i believe, is starting to bubble and rust around the corners on the rear doors. I believe we are fighting with them to fix it as a 4 year old vehicle should not be doing this. i do not know the warranty/guarantee so i cannot give more info. it is our least used rig and i know we are upset about it. i would check the contract. but if you are past your waranty you might be out of luck. if these things happened under warranty and the stealership refused to fix...well some initiative might need to be taken towards the stealership if you know what i mean. i hate to see that happen though. you have to check your contracts. good luck.

To add on to what FFFORD said, the dealership may be invoking the part of the warranty contract that states the warranty will be voided if the vehicle is used in emergency purposes or if modified in a certain way. This typically wouldn't apply to a vehicle equipped with a police/special services prep package (depending on the manufacturer). This could also apply to work done by anyone other than the Original Equipment Manufacturer. Was the vehicle repainted by the up-fitter? If not (and assuming the vehicle is equipped with the appropriate prep package), this is a case of the dealer using the aforementioned points in the warranty to skirt their responsibilities, which is something that should be addressed either with upper level dealer management or Ford Fleet Customer Service.

its very hard for a dealer to warranty any type of paint issue for the one main reason, how the car is taken care of. If you are serious about getting the issue coverd go to the dealer and tell the service writer you want a service rep from ford motor co to come and take a look. they will make the final decision.

Spoke with the service manager and he stated the rust warranty is rust through. If there is no perforation than there is no coverage as far as he is concerned. We complained after the vehicle was a year old. Now it has spread. No whole yet but there finally is a crack in the paint. The hood while fiberglass composite it also bubbling. It is a defective paint job. I asked for a zone rep and he is refusing saying there is no longer a zone rep. We're going to repair it at probably own own cost. I just wanted everyone who thinks Ford is great to know this. Emergency Services probably is on a whole one of Fords biggest customers and this is how we get treated. Hope there are a few dealers who read this and may be members of volunteer departments. I for one am in the process of buying a car and Ford is not on my list. Chevy and Toyota are.

You wonder why the American car manufacturers are doing so poorly against foreign competition.

Well you already know what the problem is, it's circled right on the front bumper!!! I'm sorry but i have NEVER been a fan of Ford AT ALL... I'm sorry you guys are having such a hassle with them

what kind of ford vehicle are we talking about here anyways???

im sorry ford is not on your list! I understand your situation, but I am partial to ford and think they make the best products. although i am in love with the '03-'05 ram style pickup with the cummins

im sorry ford is not on your list! I understand your situation, but I am partial to ford and think they make the best products. although i am in love with the '03-'05 ram style pickup with the cummins

Expedition

Expedition

And it still has the factory paint job?

Edited by dmc2007

Truely and honestly im not a real fan of any newer model vehicles these days... Older however, Dodge is #1 on my list... my mom drives a 1996 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9V8, with 357,000+ miles and STILL GOING STRONG, and it still looks showroom new too... and no i didnt acidentally put too many zero's in there, lol Chevy would be #2 since I own one

When it comes to vehicle paint, basically all manufactures use the same BASF paint product. You need to look there first to see if it is the actual paint itself (primer, base and clear coats) or if its the application of the paint by the manufacturer. Ford is not the only one that has experienced this problem over the past several years. Dodge and Chevy also have had the same problem also, as well as the foreign cars.

You need to check the warranty on the paint that comes with the vehicle. If it’s only a 1 year warranty and it’s expired, then the manufacture does not have to honor it.

On top of that, if the vehicle regardless of manufacturer has been altered / modified / customized by a third party (ie apparatus fabricator) they are held responsible for all the work they have done to the vehicle that might have an effect on the vehicles paint. This will void the manufacture's warranty.

When it comes to vehicle paint, basically all manufactures use the same BASF paint product. You need to look there first to see if it is the actual paint itself (primer, base and clear coats) or if its the application of the paint by the manufacturer. Ford is not the only one that has experienced this problem over the past several years. Dodge and Chevy also have had the same problem also, as well as the foreign cars.

You need to check the warranty on the paint that comes with the vehicle. If it’s only a 1 year warranty and it’s expired, then the manufacture does not have to honor it.

On top of that, if the vehicle regardless of manufacturer has been altered / modified / customized by a third party (ie apparatus fabricator) they are held responsible for all the work they have done to the vehicle that might have an effect on the vehicles paint. This will void the manufacture's warranty.

Best statement so far! Look guys face it they are all garbage, they all suck, they all break, crack, bend, make noises, that we seem to take years to find where they are coming from. Basically what it boils down to, today espeicially is profit. It is not about quality as much as quantity. Too many politicians have there hands in these car manufactuars pockets, including the rice rocket car companies (and if you dont believe me why do you all think this bailout occured). No one cares about quality anymore its all about how flashy we can make these vehicles and how (and this is my personal absolute favorite) luxorious we can make them. One day these people will wake up and realize there mistake: listening to a @#$% politician for one. They should take a couple lessons from diesel engine manufacturers and look at how they help eachother out. Especially now with these stupid regeneration systems, which by the way is the work of, you guessed it, politicians. All im trying to say is that they all are junk so get used to it. They are not getting any better any time soon, and for the record japanese cars suck just as much, dont believe me try working on one. Bust you knuckles trying to get the bad part out of the car then pray to the good lord himself that the dealer has the part and does not have to be ordered!

You need to check the warranty on the paint that comes with the vehicle. If it's only a 1 year warranty and it's expired, then the manufacture does not have to honor it.

Joe the vehicle was less than a year old when we first complained of bubbling paint. They have stood their ground, its not bad paint but rust and the rust warranty states rust through, in other words a perforation of the body panel. No hole, not covered. I spoke with the local service manager yesterday and he still says it does not matter unless there is a hole in the body panel don't bother coming in and there is no factory rep any more. The position has been eliminated. They just don't get customer service. BTW, looking at a BMW SUV now. Forget Chev, Ford, Toyota. If not i'll just put some money into my old one. It still runs ok.

Joe the vehicle was less than a year old when we first complained of bubbling paint. They have stood their ground, its not bad paint but rust and the rust warranty states rust through, in other words a perforation of the body panel. No hole, not covered. I spoke with the local service manager yesterday and he still says it does not matter unless there is a hole in the body panel don't bother coming in and there is no factory rep any more. The position has been eliminated. They just don't get customer service. BTW, looking at a BMW SUV now. Forget Chev, Ford, Toyota. If not i'll just put some money into my old one. It still runs ok.

OUCH!!! RUST?!?!?!?!!? Well that right there is the problem. With that said man, its got to be both paint and the metal used. That really sucks. And I agree with the lack of customer service, seems like everyone is like that now, and I've been a Ford guy all my life (with the exception of two Hondas as secondary cars).

Now with BMW, might I make a recomendation for you???? I would go with the 3 or 5 series!!!! :) The are one of my favorites.

Good luck with the new car what ever you get Alan!

im acually going through this right now with my 2007 chevy silverado. Behind one of the mudflpas began to rust and the paint is peeling. The chevy dealer im using sent it to a autobody to repaint the section under warranty. So i dont know whats the truth to this rust through or corrosion coverage. it did not rust through, just started to peel and rust.

OUCH!!! RUST?!?!?!?!!? Well that right there is the problem. With that said man, its got to be both paint and the metal used. That really sucks. And I agree with the lack of customer service, seems like everyone is like that now, and I've been a Ford guy all my life (with the exception of two Hondas as secondary cars).

Now with BMW, might I make a recomendation for you???? I would go with the 3 or 5 series!!!! :) The are one of my favorites.

Good luck with the new car what ever you get Alan!

There's a spot on the hood and that's fiberglass.

X5 diesel. Going to test drive one this weekend. Going to have to come up and win some cash for this.

There's a spot on the hood and that's fiberglass.

X5 diesel. Going to test drive one this weekend. Going to have to come up and win some cash for this.

If you get it, will you take me for a ride??? I promise to hang my head out the window so I won't get drool on the seats!!!!!!!! :D

I'd always rather be Cummin than Strokin too!!!!

If you get it, will you take me for a ride??? I promise to hang my head out the window so I won't get drool on the seats!!!!!!!! :D

Any time Joe