Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Chappaqua firefighters use pizza delivery to promote fire safety

8 posts in this topic

Chappaqua firefighters use pizza delivery to promote fire safety

By Swapna Venugopal Ramaswamy • svenugop@lohud.com • October 22, 2009

CHAPPAQUA - A wet October evening, with an early smattering of snow, it was the perfect hour to stay home and order in

So when Sande Baum called the Pizza Station asking them to deliver two large pies for dinner last Thursday, that's all she'd expected.

About 40 minutes later, she had a fire engine truck in her long private driveway off King Street with sirens blaring.

http://www.lohud.com/article/20091022/NEWS...ote-fire-safety

gotta love the first two comments....the ignorance of people is incredible

x2

Correct, Katonah started it last year and this year they invited other Bat 16 Depts to participate this year. I know that Katonah, Chappaqua, Mt. Kisco and Bedford Hills were involved this year. It worked very well, as it was propmoted through the schools in the district and every kid came home and wanted to have their parents to order pizza. We did come across one residence that did not have any smoke detectors and one residence whos detectors were over 20 years old. It was a win win for all involved.

agree as well, although think "blaring the siren" in ones driveway may not have been the greatest idea. Throw the lights on, ring the doorbell; keep the siren box off...that would scare the crap out of me! :o

this year Montrose FD teamed up with a local pizzeria during the week of fire prevention and did the same thing the other departments did. as someone said already, its a win win situation for all

Edited by yanks4ever1320

this year Montrose FD teamed up with a local pizzeria during the entire week of fire prevention and did the same thing the other departments did. as someone said already, its a win win situation for all

So my tax dollars are going towards my neighbors pizza delivery bill :angry: