Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New Rochelle - Working Fire 2/19/05 - Discussion

6 posts in this topic

Any updates on the location?

Also - around 0700Hrs I heard "602" calling E202/L62 on 46.26 - anyone know if this is related to the FDNR fire?

Yes, E202 and L62 relocated from mount vernon to New Rochelle Sta. 1.

Just found out the fire was on Winthrop - nothing further at this time, K.

Fire was on Lyncroft Road near the intersction of Bayeau.

On arrival, 2302 reported a 65x35 home fully involved on first and second floors and transmitted 2nd alarm for all New Rochelle companies to the scene.

At the same time, companies were sent to Winthrop on another alarm, but most were immediately diverted to Lyncroft.

Oh - my bad - i guess my source isn't as reliable as i thought!

Winthrop turned out to be a pot on the stove. Original dispatch for Lyncroft was 23, and 13, however if memory serves correctly (i was just waking up) 25 was added to the assignment before 23 and 13 arrived. Winthrop was dispatched almost immediately after the Lyncroft job. Car 2302 put 22 in command of the second job and asked for an immediate update upon arrival. Once the second alarm was transmitted, 21 and 11 responded and 24 was redirected from the Winthrop call. Once clear, 22 and 12 responded to Lyncroft as well.

Feel free to correct if i missed or mis-stated anything. Again, i was just waking up so the memory is a little faded.