Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FiftyOnePride

Worcester 6 Memorial

4 posts in this topic

My wife and I took a trip to Boston this week as a mini-honeymoon, on the way back through we stopped in Worcester, more specifically at the location of the Worcester Cold Storage fire that took place December 3, 1999, taking with it the lives of 6 Worcester Firefighters. In the demolished ruins of it, the city decided to put a brand new FH which was opened last year and a monument for the fallen. Here are some of the pictures from the stop. A very powerful monument, a very nice tribute.

post-15714-125772227316.jpgpost-15714-125772226503.gifpost-15714-125772225623.gifpost-15714-125772225117.gifpost-15714-125772224239.jpgpost-15714-125772223055.jpg

Edited by FiftyOnePride
efdcapt115 likes this

Thanks for those pictures of the Memorial of "The Worcester Six". Hard to believe that will be the Ten Year Anniversary soon. While at work I got a call from a friend of mine about 8-9 PM saying that Six Worcester Firefighters were missing in a fire. It had been a long time since that many firefighters had been lost. As time went on it became more evident that these Firefighters were lost. I remember going up there about two days later. They were still looking for those firefighters. One rig was COMPLETELY Covered in flowers. Within a few days was the funeral. Word was that 20,000 firefighters showed up to pay tribute. Now a Firehouse and the Memorial sits on the site of that Cold Storage Building where these firefighters lost their lives.

Lets Not Forget them.

Edited by nfd2004

I attended the service for the Worchester 6 a few days after the tragedy and it's something I'll never forget. The city shut down for the day and the people of Worchester watched the procession. While marching I remember looking ahead and all I saw was the top of dress hats...as far as the eye could see. RIP Brothers.