Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SWS1

Westchester EMS - 2009 Expedition Medic Vehicle - Specialty Warning Systems

7 posts in this topic

Specialty Warning Systems has completed and delivered it's sixth Paramedic response vehicle for Westchester EMS, based in Mount Kisco New York.

Incorporating Whelen and Sound Off Signal components, the warning system includes an FX Freedom lightbar, split red / white 400 Super LEDs on each front outer corner and on the front of the Go Rhino pushbumper. To provide additional intersection warning, two red / white TIR6s, are installed at opposing angles, inside the pushbumper. Red / blue Sound Off Predator IIs were mounted in the rear side cargo windows, two more red / white TIR6s placed on either side of the rear license plate while an eight head Dominator mounted on the rear roof, above the cargo door. As the primary lightbar, and the rear Dominator are both blocked when the cargo door is in the raised position, two rear facing four head Dominators are included inside the cargo compartment, activated by the rear door, that provide supplemental warning to vehicles approaching from the rear. A headlight flasher and Whelen 295HFS4 with secondary (dual) siren amplifier and two 100 watt siren speakers complete the overall system.

A remote controlled Go Light spotlight is installed in front of the lightbar for assistance in low light conditions.

The 30 inch Havis console contains the Whelen lighting / siren control head, department radios, dual 12V power outlets, internal cup holder, armrest and nine inch storage box. The color LCD display for the Safety Vision rearview camera system, was also installed on the console on a custom bracket, activating in conjunction with a backup alarm and two (of four) halogen floodlights mounted under the rear bumper. Collectively, this provides a safer means by which the driver can operate the vehicle when backing up.

The custom rear cabinet provides storage for ALS and BLS response equipment, turnout gear, hand tools, safety supplies and vehicle equipment. Four LED utility lights are installed in the rear cargo compartment, that work in co-operation with the remaining two halogen floodlights under the rear of the vehicle, to provide sufficient nighttime lighting for equipment retrieval and rear vehicle safety during low light operations. Extending into the second row seating position, two compartments are provided for additional scene management supplies, personal gear and safety equipment. A Pro Gard cargo barrier (custom fit to the cabinet) is installed between the cargo compartment and second row seating position to contain equipment stored in the cargo compartment in the event of a collision.

Additional components include a Kussmaul battery conditioner with Auto Eject shoreline connection, a 110V duplex outlet inside the truck, 800 amp jump system and Go Rhino pushbumper with full headlight wraps.

The exterior graphics are fully reflective, mirroring the layout of other fleet vehicles, now incorporating a blue and yellow safety chevron covering the entire rear of the vehicle.

Specialty Warning Systems has enjoyed a very co-operative and proactive working relationship with Westchester EMS for many years, 4010 being the sixth Medic unit we've completed for them. We appreciate their confidence in us to provide their intercept vehicles and look forward to the future and working with them on additional vehicles.

http://www.specialty...ingsystems.com/

post-7323-125874548601.jpg

post-7323-125874551078.jpg

post-7323-125874553612.jpg

post-7323-12587456428.jpg

post-7323-125874567631.jpg

post-7323-125874569594.jpg

post-7323-125874576618.jpg

post-7323-125874579209.jpg

post-7323-125874586288.jpg

post-7323-125874591157.jpg

Nice work....

Looks like an exact copy of 4011. Any major differences between 4010 and 4011? Will this one spend most of its time around Mt. Kisco as well?

No county trunked (mobile) radio? Hrm.

Edited by WAS967

Great looking ride. Nice Job. Best of luck with it!

Nice work....

Looks like an exact copy of 4011. Any major differences between 4010 and 4011? Will this one spend most of its time around Mt. Kisco as well?

4010 is a duplicate of 4011........May be a major addition to the next vehicle however! Not sure of where 4010 will be stationed.

No county trunked (mobile) radio? Hrm.

Thought somebody may pick up the differences in radios. As WEMS radios had not been installed by the time conversion was complete, we utilized radios we had in house for photo purposes only. We're just very particular about our photos and don't like open console positions. Presents a poor aesthetic appearance.

I remember the old 4010! WEMS has certainly come a LOOONG way since I worked there. I remember being the first medic to use 4016, the first vehicle WEMS got from SWS spec'd by Al Garavito. I was working 45-M-1 on a Saturday evening, and I was in the old 4010 and swapped into the new 4016. What a difference the lighting package made at the time. I guess things have come full circle. Makes me want to come up every now and then and work a shift there again!

Is WEMS still operating from the same location in Mount Kisco, or have they moved to new quarters?? Hopefully these beauties get housed inside when they're not out running by now!

Here's a comparison shot I took at that time:

http://www.x635photos.com/displayimage-98-4.html

And the old 4010 polished up for the Katonah parade:

http://www.x635photos.com/thumbnails-98.html

Looks great as always SWS!