Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jfire

Albany FD Openings?

8 posts in this topic

I'm curious if any of you upstaters are in the know about Albany FD? I saw that their proposed budget has 5 FF/EMT's and 2 FF/Medics slotted. Do they still have a current list? Or are the planning on administering and hiring from a new list?

Any information would be quite helpful..

jfire: theres a current list in effect. rumor has it they're hiring 9 pretty soon.

Unless it happened today, I dont believe they have sworn anybody in and until that happens, it is all just rumors.

a current list will remain in place until the next exam is certified. the exam has been offered consistantly every 2 years in june. the last exam was june 08. potentially a new exam will be offered in june 2010. applications go out around april and due in may. emt, drivers license and city of albany residency are some of the requirements.

good luck

Thanks fireman1, I wish luck to the 9 swearing in.

I thought the residency requirement was for the four surrounding counties? Or does it just state that, and the city just really wants to hire residents?

your welcome.

i have not seen anyone hired from outside the city. we also still have 20 vacancies to fill. economic times just is not allowing it yet.

good luck to the 9.