Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joeya7

BCT 15 Help

4 posts in this topic

Seems like someone played around with our BCT 15 and now I'm picking up the Bee Line Buses on the County Trunked system. They scanner was programmed with only the FD and EMS ID's. I also noticed on the screen it says ID Scan. Makes me think it is scanning all the ID's now. How do you close or stop it from scanning all the ID's and only have it scan the ID's that are programmed? Thank you all in advance for your time and help.

ID scan is the mode you want. Someone must have accidentally (or intentionally) enabled the Bee-Line Bus talkgroup ID's, but they can be locked out again.

If you have access to the ARC software from BuTel, and a suitable cable you can attach to the scanner, it is pretty straightforward.... (yeah, right!)

You can download the ARC software and it has a free trial period.

Otherwise they can manually be locked out, follow the steps in the manual.

For a condensed, easy-to-read version check out Mark's Scanners:

http://marksscanners...T15/bct15.shtml

ID scan is the mode you want. Someone must have accidentally (or intentionally) enabled the Bee-Line Bus talkgroup ID's, but they can be locked out again.

If you have access to the ARC software from BuTel, and a suitable cable you can attach to the scanner, it is pretty straightforward.... (yeah, right!)

You can download the ARC software and it has a free trial period.

Otherwise they can manually be locked out, follow the steps in the manual.

For a condensed, easy-to-read version check out Mark's Scanners:

http://marksscanners...T15/bct15.shtml

I understand you can lock them out as soon as someone begins to talk. Is there away to have it scan only the ID's that are programmed in the scanner?

The bus ID's must have been programmed in by someone at some point, and apparently they have been re-enabled. They have to be locked out or deleted if you don't want to hear that traffic. ID scan will pick up any traffic programmed in and not locked out, ID search will pick up all group traffic, ID programmed or not.