Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
afd65

Brush Trucks Likes and Dislikes

2 posts in this topic

Was wondering what everyone thinks of the different type of brush trucks that are out there. Was wondering if people like the super single tires that the Brat has to offer? Also if different depts. pefer the skid unit brush truck or an acutal brush truck like the brat? The reason for this is that my dept is looking at getting a new brush truck and we are trying to get different ideas for this truck.

1. Needs to be a truck you are willing to drive into the woods, its going to be scratched, dented, smashed, and broken. If it’s a parade unit and stays on the road it dose you no good. May be something in the used category.

2. I like the skid units on a 4X4 pickup or flat bed 1 ton or larger, if the truck is scratched, dented, smashed, and broken and not going to be a brush truck any more, move the skid to a new truck.

I like the State of New Jersey Type 6 Engines (Brush Truck) not quite a skid but close, brush guard around the whole truck, separate engine driven pump for pump and roll or if you are just parked there for hours, hose and hand tools, it’s a brush truck keep it simple and cheap. I like the BRATs, but a 100k, it’s not leaving the road and if it dose, I would not want to be the guy who puts the first dent in it.

And it needs a booster reel!

post-1161-125971148319.jpg