Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LCFD994

60 Control - 46.260

14 posts in this topic

Has any one else had any trouble ,besides the normal, in hearing the crossband frequencies for 46.260?

I am wondering if it is just my radios, or was something changed, or its something else????

Are you referring to Crotons X-Band repeater? Because that frequency (453.0250) has the tendency to change to other agencies. For Example it would be on 46.26, then it would change to Putnam and other surrounding agencies spontaneously. It's a real shame because that repeater works great, it's just I find my self Locking it out a lot.

If you have the PL's, you shouldn't have a problem...maybe weather related also.

George,

Our repeater no longer will switch off of 46.26.

The folks doing the work on our system resolved this issue.

If it does "flip," please let me know.

Thanks for the update...Taking it off Lock Out as we speak.

Does anyone have an updated list of the 46.260 crossband repeater frequencies. Thanks

453.875 Peekskill FD

453.562 Yorktown FD

453.000 West Harrison FD

453.025 Croton FD

453.975 Pound Ridge FD

Thanks TR54... I appreciate the help, I thought there were more out there.....

453.275 Lake Mohegan

460.2375 Katonah

453.4125 Montrose

453.2625 Banksville

You will get some sporatic problems with some of the links--there are so many going up so fast it is hard to keep track. Mohegan is working on their issue with their link and the VAC link clashing and at times there are some that just create "noise". All in all they seem to be working out great. You do have the freq's for Putnam dispatch and EMS 205 correct?

That "noise" everyone is hearing is Yonkers Police transmissions. The Mohegan Repeater has one of the same frequencies as Yonkers Police, and everytime you hear that "noise" on a analog scanner, that is Yonkers PD transmissions.

Would that be the dead carrier noise or the buzz like carrier? I know hte squeal is from the VAC and FD towers clashing--and it is getting repaired--might even be done already