Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cman473

PIAA w/ Entrapment, Serious Injuries - Town of Newburgh

7 posts in this topic

December 09 2009, Orange Lake Fire Dispatched for a serious MVA w/Entrapment at RT 300 and Grace Lane in the Town of Newburgh. DC 2 On scene reporting not their fire District. Plattekill Fire Dispatched for same. Orange Lake began extrication, assisted by arriving units from Plattekill. Plattekill Car 3 established command and advised Engine 1 OOS for Mechanical. Also asked for Status on Medivac but advised none were flying due to weather. Engine 2, 3, 4 and Ambulances 645 & 647 are on the road. Engine 3& 4 assisted with Extrication, Engine 2 Stood By For Traffic Control. 47-36 Fire Police Unit Closed RT 300 and Forest Road for Approximately 90 minutes.

1 Patient, Driver of the Jeep Serious Condition, extricated and transported by TONVAC to St. Francis and 645 Assessed other driver of Suburban for minor injuries who later RMA'd

Another Excellent Job by Plattekill Fire Rescue and the Orange Lake Fire Department...who Work Very well together!

post-17754-126038483433.jpg

post-17754-126038484508.jpg

post-17754-126038486181.jpg

post-17754-126038488111.jpg

post-17754-126038489656.jpg

I had an MVA a few weeks ago involving the same kind of Jeep and the same kind of crash. Seeing that kind of intrusion makes you wonder how sturdily Jeeps are built, especially since I own that exact kind. My patient was the driver, who was extricated and transported with some serious head injuries. Had my patient had a passenger, he/she definitely would have been killed.

December 09 2009, Orange Lake Fire Dispatched for a serious MVA w/Entrapment at RT 300 and Grace Lane in the Town of Newburgh.

1 Patient, Driver of the Jeep Serious Condition, extricated and transported by TONVAC to St. Francis and 645 Assessed other driver of Suburban for minor injuries who later RMA'd

Another Excellent Job by Plattekill Fire Rescue and the Orange Lake Fire Department...who Work Very well together!

Pt is in very rough shape, is in ICU/CCU @ SFH.

What is the average transport time from Town of Newburgh to SFH?

Sounds like a very good job by all involved from the 911 call to the trauma center.

As far as that jeep model..what year were they? Could it be they were manufactured prior to the increased side impact protection standards?

Also looking at the door...the damage there seems to match up in significance to that of the front end of the other vehicle. There isn't much there but the crash bar to absorb the impact.

Edited by alsfirefighter

What is the average transport time from Town of Newburgh to SFH?

That area of the Town is actually one of the furthest to SFH, but if you know the roads, you can be in SFH in 25 minutes code 3. If you're closer to the 9W area, it's only about a 15 minute ride.

that jeep is anywhere from a 94-97 i believe, maybe a '98. my father has one and in my opinion i feel they are built very well. i do believe these years had reinforced doors but i could be wrong. I believe the speeds of this impact were at least moderate which is enough to do some damage to any vehicle. but again i could be wrong.