Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest FDNY242Buff

FDNY Reserve Squad

12 posts in this topic

Interesting to note, the company that did the refurb was Texron, a truck repair and overhaul facility in the Hunts Point section of the Bronx.

Texron also is the company who is rebuilding Croton Tanker 10 and they also did Yonkers SOC support unit.

As for the rig, something doesn't look right. I can't put my finger on it though.

From what I can see, it looks as if they ripped most of the old pumper body off and rebuilt it, bringing the roll down doors to one side and then added the extra compartments. The suction lines were either moved to a different spot, or removed completely. About all I can see that's different. Pretty smart move by the department, refurbing the rig and making it usable as a Squad.(Wish they would do it with the reserve rigs as well)

As for the rig, something doesn't look right. I can't put my finger on it though

They should have done a spare MACK CF not a 94 Seagrave!!!! :-P

I 2nd that motion - LONG LIVE DA MACKS!!

As for the rig, something doesn't look right. I can't put my finger on it though

They should have done a spare MACK CF not a 94 Seagrave!!!! :-P

Well said, dude, just like 288 looked when they first became a squad. Although, and this is unfortunate, I don't think there are too many, if any CF spares left in the inventory, be they spares or reserves.

There are a few CF's left in the spare pool, mostly TL's.........also the last time I seen them, TL-41 has been using one in frontline service since their rig caught fire.

I think they gave it back, or it was removed from service. They are driving one of the early 90's Seagraves with the single front Jack.

Some of the foam units are still Macks I believe, aren't they?

Yup the foam units are CF's, plus the hosewagon @ Engine 316's house is also a Mack CF. That unit is an 88 Mack CF/Ward79 1000/500 formerly 33 Engine and Reserve Engine 525, shops ID#MP8804.

The foam units are all either 1987-89 Mack CF's that were refurbed and had a 1,000 gallon tank installed, with the exception of Foam 262(1979 Mack CF Ex-E308) and the Foam Tender quartered with E-238.