Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest sfdtruck1medic

West Haven Hiring?

9 posts in this topic

Hello,

I heard that West Haven is going to be hiring? I am moving to the area and was curious if anyone had any info or works there?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hello,

I heard that West Haven is going to be hiring? I am moving to the area and was curious if anyone had any info or works there?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here is the information on the application for West Shore FD

Applications are out for Firefighter/ EMT-P or FF/EMT-B.

Details are on the website http://www.westshorefd.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=107&Itemid=66

Applications will be available at station or online download.

Edited by rbuchjr

yes they are hiring. looking for 9 from what i am told from a member there.

If you've already graduated the CT Fire Academy, I believe you get 10 points on the test.

There is an age limit of 31 in the hiring process. There is also a residency requirement to live withing a certain mile radius of the district / town. Make sure you read the application information fully.

Thanks!!!!!!

Do they work 24hr shifts? Ive heard that all of the places in the North have thousands of people apply for just a couple of jobs? I know that all of NY and Jersey is Civil service and tough to get hired. How is it in CT?

I appreciate all of the feedback and info.

A little info about the West Shore Fire District:

Shifts: 24 on / 72 Off

2 Stations:

Benham Hill: Quint 33, Rescue (ALS Ambulance) 34, Engine 32 (Spare) 1 Captain, 1 Paramedic, 3 Firefighters

Ocean Ave: Engine 31 1 LT, 2 FF

Also a Chief and an Assistant, not sure what station they are at.

Not sure what the status of the volunteers are in West Shore, I don't believe they have a rig but they may get hired to work "utility" on certain nights as an extra man.

Fairly busy department for a district that small, they have a good chunk of I95 in West Haven as well a large portion of Long Island Sound from the West Haven "Center" Fire District line to the Milford line. They run mutual aid quite often to Center District and also to Milford.

They get a ton of medicals there, due to a decent sized elderly population, but overall its a well run department. Chief Collins is a smart guy and a good officer and they have a lot of experienced people, though the department is getting younger as a lot of the veterans retire. I would not be surprised to see a TON of applicants for the few jobs they are going to offer, but best of luck to anyone that tests there!

Alex I wish, I won't have my EMT by the time the application is due.