Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TR54

Greenburgh - Yonkers NY border - Small Plane Crash Photo PFP

9 posts in this topic

Early 1980's - Greenburgh / Yonkers line Jackson Ave near Mickeys Hot Dog Truck (Sprain Brook Pkwy). TR54 on scene. Photo & Story from Reporter Dispatch Newspaper.

post-23-126101699097.jpg

Yonkers Engine 314 , Greenville Engine 150 on scene , Fairview FD staged at Sprain Brook Pkwy. Greenburgh Police Ambulance. Incident was called in from the Greenburgh Police Call box by Mickey's (Hot Dog) stand owner. Mickey used the call box to report accidents and complaints on a regular basis. This time he said "Hey a plane just crashed here !" Photo By Alan Zale

post-23-12610174062.jpg

I see E314's horrid Continental Compac in the pic! The photographer, Alan Zale got a lot of good shots in this area...

I see E314's horrid Continental Compac in the pic! The photographer, Alan Zale got a lot of good shots in this area...

Did that plane hit the Yonkers fire engine , the front looks bad !

Tim, as always, nice find and thanks for sharing.

PCFD...Too funny lol. I have to agree with Batt2, those Continentals were hidious! Thank god Yonkers has come a long way to have the fleet they do today.

Did that plane hit the Yonkers fire engine , the front looks bad !

LOL :D :D Too funny!!

I think I heard a story from someone within YFD a long time ago, relating that they could actually cook food inside the cab of those old Continential/Compac, as the surfaces within the cabs would get "that hot" (It must have been during those hard ecomonic times in Yonkers, back in the Mid 1980's when they went with the Continential/Compacs vs. the Mack CF's - As the previous poster had mentioned, the Yonkers FD Apparatus Fleet today is 2nd to None [Although it was really good back in the 1960's and early 1970's)