Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Truck4

Kansas City Police Shootout Video

8 posts in this topic

As happy as I am both officers escaped unharmed and I hope these officers were able to get get many rounds on target I cannot help but be struck by how large that first officer was. Isn't there some kind of performance standard? You cannot seriously expect him to be able to effectively give chase to a fleeing suspect.

Holy Crap........

At least on the fire side we have some sort of an idea what we are up against most of the time. My hats off to the boys in blue.... Scary Stuff. Careful out there guys...

:o holy $h!t. glad none of the boys were hit. and glad they got him.

... You cannot seriously expect him to be able to effectively give chase to a fleeing suspect.

True, he appears to be on the large side.

I'm glad the officers were unhurt physically, being given no alternative other than to use deadly force under split-second situation has to be a very difficult position to be put in.

My hat's off to all LEO's.

Watch the video, it is crazy when you see the perp turn around and start shooting, you can almost see the rounds leave the chamber and hit the hood of the car. It almost looks fake, but sadly it is not.

As happy as I am both officers escaped unharmed and I hope these officers were able to get get many rounds on target I cannot help but be struck by how large that first officer was. Isn't there some kind of performance standard? You cannot seriously expect him to be able to effectively give chase to a fleeing suspect.

In a very small number of departments there are fitness standards and physical requirements. In most, however, there is not and this applies to PD, FD (career and volunteer), and EMS (career and volunteer).

While I can't speak about the officer in the video, I've seen some seemingly rotund individuals with impressive ground speed. I guess once you get all that mass moving, the velocity increases exponentially! :lol:

What an amazing training video. I would think that having the lights on already might provide a visual distraction to the shooter not allowing him the ability to mark his target thus allowing this officer to just run him over, but is that even allowed? I know in NYC a vehicle is not considered enough of a threat to open fire but in KCPD, who knows, that place is dangerous!