Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimesUp

Ventilation

9 posts in this topic

FA919549; FA919573; ITEM20

This could be a good video of what will happen if you vent without having a hose line in place.

I try to attach video again.

Edited by ltrob

That was almost too painful to watch. I can only shake my head and ask what in the hell were these guys thinking. My God 8 minutes to get water on the fire and then from the outside no less. Jeez, I hope some good will come out of the critique of this one.

You're right ltrob, this is a good video to use to show what NOT to do and how and why NOT to do it from any number of tactical standpoints not the least of which is the complete ineptitude of that FF venting those windows without a line in place.

Actually everyone on this scene appears to be an inept yard breather that needs to go back to firefighting 101.

Cogs

They could have had a decent knockdown if it wasn't for the moron who blew the windows out and the fact that they couldn't get water on the fire for 8 minutes.... unreal, where is this?

That was almost too painful to watch. I can only shake my head and ask what in the hell were these guys thinking. My God 8 minutes to get water on the fire and then from the outside no less. Jeez, I hope some good will come out of the critique of this one.

You're right ltrob, this is a good video to use to show what NOT to do and how and why NOT to do it from any number of tactical standpoints not the least of which is the complete ineptitude of that FF venting those windows without a line in place.

Actually everyone on this scene appears to be an inept yard breather that needs to go back to firefighting 101.

Cogs

Honestly, I couldn't even try to critique that fiasco, because I haven't a clue what they are even trying to accomplish. Whatever they were doing, their 10 minute sizeup should have come up with something better than that. Jeez, even the "try before you pry" at the garage door took 5 Min.

If you want to critique this one, try playing the video in reverse. Ar least it will look like the fire is going out.

About the only good thing they did was leave the PPV fan on the rig

This is what happens when you do not drill or have many fires, or officers who have no experience yet. You tend to forget the basic stuff like getting a hose line in place before venting, what they were venting for i don't know, vent for life safety and visibility and to remove the heat. No size up should take that long get a look and make a plan, if the first plan dose not work have a back up plan, that's what a good officers is thinking about, wear is the fire going and what i can do to stop it. Training is the best way to get better:rolleyes: