Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ladder44

Volunteer fire chief resigns

6 posts in this topic

Interesting.....Volunteer fire chief resigns

NORWICH, Conn. -- The fire chief at the Occum Volunteer Fire Department in Norwich resigned after officials discovered he misused money.

According to officials, $27,000 was used on items such as stickers, pencils, magnets and lollipops to promote fire safety.

Meanwhile, the fire department is in desperate need of a new boiler, which would have only cost $13,000.

Not all the facts are out there as of yet so don't past judgment. I am watching this on another forum as well and we will see where the problem is. The information out there is not all correct as of yet and the things mentioned in the article are only a small percentage of the purchases. Norwich has an interesting set up with how the career department in the city center and the outlying vol companies are worked. I will keep everyone informed what is going on.

It does sound like a possible misuse of funds and also a problem with the city making payments on the items. Its kinda confusing right now.

From what I read in this article, it is "inappropriate" to spend FD money on fire prevention & safety materials?!

Um.....what?!

Its inappropriate to drop 27k when they are short 13k for necessary equipment.

From what I read in this article, it is "inappropriate" to spend FD money on fire prevention & safety materials?!

Um.....what?!

It will probably be deemed inappropriate to have spent 27K on pencils, magnets, and lollipops when you need 13K for a new boiler in the firehouse. The article is very short on facts so we'll have to wait and see but in the interim, how many pencils and lollipops do you get for 27K? How many people live in the district?

It will probably be deemed inappropriate to have spent 27K on pencils, magnets, and lollipops when you need 13K for a new boiler in the firehouse. The article is very short on facts so we'll have to wait and see but in the interim, how many pencils and lollipops do you get for 27K? How many people live in the district?

For what it's worth, the girl who calls from down South to sell that stuff has a sexy voice and she's a bit hard to resist...but I was strong....