Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Skooter92

Somers Rollover

15 posts in this topic

Mahopac 18-1-1 advised Somers Fire on 46.26 that he had several units out at that location operating-Somers Fire canceled their response as well as 45M2.

Mahopac Units operating were

18-1-1

18-7-2

18-6-1

18-2-2

Person was trapped in Vech. w/neg injuries. Transported BLS as a precaution

if the AA was at the baseball field, would Mahopac been out of district? I thought that area was CFFD/SFD. And MFD was at the water?

It was CFFD/SFD district however carmel police was on location and had mahopac toned out and at the same time somers or croton falls was toned out

Oh, My God!!!!!!!! We crossed the line

In all honesty who cares what agency gets their first. Patient care should be top priority. If it so happens to be that the caller made a mistake on where the accident occurred, and Mahopac was dispatched as well as Somers, and like ejs1810 said, "OMG they crossed the line!" What is important is that the patient was cared for regardless of who handled the call.

EJS, you know the rules, u cross the line your buyin'

So tonight!!!!! /ha

In all honesty who cares what agency gets their first. Patient care should be top priority. If it so happens to be that the caller made a mistake on where the accident occurred, and Mahopac was dispatched as well as Somers, and like ejs1810 said, "OMG they crossed the line!" What is important is that the patient was cared for regardless of who handled the call.

=D> =D> =D> =D> You are dead on - I wish more people would think this way. District lines are "invisible lines." At least start taking care of the presenting problem, whether its fire or ems, and have the propper agency get dispatched while you are helping the people in need.

unfortunatly most of the people don't know the friendly joking!

Still love ya Ed

I AGREE THAT PT CARE COMES FIRST. I ALSO DON'T CARE WHO HANDLES THE CALL ON THE FRINGE BORDERS. HELL I GOT TO STAY INDOORS AND WARM. BUT IF THE MAHOPAC F.D. HAD ALL THOSE UNITS ON SCENE THEN WHAT SHOULD OF HAPPENED IS A CALL FROM 40 CONTROL TO SOMERS OR 60 CONTROL THAT UNITS WERE AT THAT SCENE IN S.F.D. DISTRICT. THEN THE S.F.D. PERSONNEL DIDN'T HAVE GO OUT AND RISK UNNESSIARYLY THEMSELVES WHEN THE CALL WAS HANDLED AND PT CARE WAS HANDLED. LIKE I SAID I DON'T CARE WHO HANDLED THE CALL AND IAS LONG PT CARE WAS IN PROGRESS, BUT A COURTESY CALL TO MAKE SURE A NUMBER OF FFs FROM S.F.D. DON'T ALL RUSH OVER THERE. I GUESS THE FOOD AND DRINKS ARE ON ESJ1810 TONIGHT.

Mahopac 18-1-1 advised Somers Fire on 46.26 that he had several units out at that location operating-Somers Fire canceled their response as well as 45M2.

It sounds like it that was done!!

MVFD was dispatched by 40-Control who got the call from NYSP Poughkeepsie who recieved a cell phone call for a rollover on Croton Falls Rd "Near the Stone Bridge". Not knowing every inch of Croton Falls Rd, 40-Control dispatched us. We assumed it was near the causeway. When we found it actually in Westchester our chief did notify Somers.

But we did "cross the line". so Steve and I will buy Dinner for anyone offended tonight starting at 7:30pm at our Headquarters. (Easy way to plug Friendship Night)

ACTUALLY SOMERS WAS NOT NOTIFIED UNTIL A FEW MINUTES AFTER DISPATCH. I WAS IN THE FIRE HOUSE HEARD NYSP SOMERS GET DISPATCHED AND HEARD OUR CALL. IT TOOK ME ALL OF ONE MINUTE TO BE AT CROTON FALLS RD AND RT 202 WHEN WE WERE CANCELLED AND COULD SEE MAHOPAC ALREADY THERE. I DON'T CARE THEY TOOK THE JOB ALL I AM SAYING IS A COURETSY CALL BE MADE TO OUR DISPATCH TO LET US KNOW SO WE DIDN,T HAVE TO RISK OUR SAFETY GOING TO THE CALL . I LOVE THE GUYS IN MAHOPAC AND RESPECT THEM A LOT AND I DON'T CARE THEY HANDLED THE JOB GOD KNOWS THEY HANDLE ENOUGH OF OUR EMS CALLS!! JUST I WISH THERE WAS MORE AND EASIER COMM BEWTEEN THE TWO COUNTIES. HAVE FUN TONIGHT AT THE PARTY AND KEEP OUR STATION 10 CLEAN

Oh, My God!!!!!!!! We crossed the line

Actually, EJS, you crossed two lines!(LOL) But as emsjunkie712 said it doesn't matter who gets there so long as the patient gets the proper care!

WHO CARES WHAT FIRE DEPT HANDLE THE CALL AS LONG THE PERSON WHO IS HURT IS TAKEING CARE OF RIGHT OF WAY :-P 8) :D :twisted: