Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RWC130

NBC Officially Cancels Jay Leno's Prime-Time Show

7 posts in this topic

NBC Officially Cancels Jay Leno's Prime-Time Show

By PopEater Staff

Posted Jan 10th 2010 02:30PM

NBC's not-so-long national nightmare is over. The network confirmed Sunday they've asked Jay Leno, whose months-old show has sagged in the ratings, to move back to 11:35 p.m each night. NBC Universal Television Entertainment Chairman Jeff Gaspin told reporters Sunday that the network envisions Leno to bring the funny for a half-hour program before handing off to Conan O'Brien's 'Tonight Show' at 12:05 a.m. No deal has been struck.

http://www.popeater.com/2010/01/10/nbc-cancels-jay-leno-show/?icid=main|htmlws-main-w|dl2|link1|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.popeater.com%2F2010%2F01%2F10%2Fnbc-cancels-jay-leno-show%2F

Hes not even funny or entertaining. Give him his hour at 4am in between infomercials!

It's about time they did something. This was bound to be a failure. I find it interesting that Leno's show has been performing, according to NBC, "exactly as we predicted it would". Guess nobody thought about what those lower ratings in the 10 PM hour would do for the other shows that follow. Couple that with the traditionally low ratings for a new show in a new latenight slot (Conan on at 1135) and it spells disaster. I used to enjoy Leno's Tonight show tenure. I never watched his 10 PM show though. I thought Conan on at 1235 was a great show. Now it is unwatchable at 1135. Way to destroy not only two shows but throw your entire network down the crapper NBC. You cancel shows like Southland, and put shows like Law and Order: Special Victims Unit behind the eight ball by forcing them to air before the 10 oclock hour.

Bravo NBC. If you didnt have Chuck coming back, and the Olympics coming up, there are few reasons to even watch your network during primetime anymore.

I read somewhere it costs NBC around $400,000 per episode for Leno as opposed to something like $3,000,000 per, for a drama series like L&O SVU in a similar time slot. That's a LOT of ad revenue to cover, and NBC blew it with their greed by trying to pocket more money. No Loss.

Talk about screwing Conan up against the wall! That really stinks, Jay is old news and should finally give it up.

Can't see Leno only doing a half hour show.

He's under contract. Its not an option for him.