Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hv911

Union Vale Fire District 67-8 EMS Chief's Car Delivered 1/18/2010

17 posts in this topic

Today Hudson Valley Emergency Outfitters (HVEO) Delivered, or Rather Re-Delivered, Car 67-8 (Chevrolet TrailBlazer), the union Vale EMS Chief's Car, to the Union Vale Fire District. It was sent to us for repairs and a lighting overhaul. Below is a list of the equipment installed on it.

-1 Whelen Patriot Bar With Traffic Advisor

-2 Whelen LINZ6's Mounted one on each side of the Lic.l Plate in the rear (Both Split Red/Clear)

-2 Whelen Amber TIR3's Mounted on the Hatch Lip

-4 Whelen Vertex Hide-a-way LED's (2 Clear in Reverse Lights, and 2 Red in the Brake/Turn Lights)

-4 Interior Flood Lights for Better Lighting in the Hatch

-2 Sound-off/Signal red Predator II's one on each side window in the rear

-1 Dual Red/Red Whelen Talon on the Dash

-1 Whelen Wig-Wag Headlight Flasher

-4 Whelen LINZ6's RED Mounted in the Grille

-1 Whelen 295SLS6A Series Siren Amplifier

-1 Vertex UHF Radio

-1 Yaesau Ham Radio

Below are Photos, again Nights Shots, Day shots to come this week also, and 2 Videos for you to sample until we get the other photos and day time shots/videos up and running. As Usual all the photos and videos can be found on our website www.hvemergency.com under our showroom page. these ones will be available there by friday 1/22/2010.

***Photos Courtesy Hudson Valley Emergency Outfitters. All Rights Reserved.***

***Photos Copyright HVEO 2010. Taken with the Permission of the Union Vale Fire District***

IMG_0807.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

IMG_0805.jpg

IMG_0804.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

IMG_0802.jpg

IMG_0801.jpg

IMG_0800.jpg

IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0795.jpg

IMG_0794.jpg

IMG_0793.jpg

Edited by hv911

Look Great....That Bay needs some fire pics on the wall, lolol.

Thomas

Look Great....That Bay needs some fire pics on the wall, lolol.

Thomas

Lol The bay is a work in progress, as you can see in the pics the walls arent even painted yet, tho it is a finished Garage. But yea, it does need to have some good pics put up on the walls when its all finished. haha

Lololol....Bill Johson we need you and your pictures, lolol

Thomas

Lololol....Bill Johson we need you and your pictures, lolol

Thomas

HAHAHA, thanks for the compliment too, i am very pleased with how it turned out. You dont get the full effect from the photos, but this car Definately looks SWEET!!

Is that for the fire chief or the ems chief? If for the ems chief why? Will it be a als fly car? or bls?

It is for the EMS Chief of the UVFD. To my knowledge, given the equipment it carries it is a BLS Flycar, there is no ALS equipment onboard and the Operator is an EMT

It is strictly BLS Equipment. It can be used at EMS Calls, MVA's, Structure Fires, or MCI's. EMS Chief is pretty much like a fire Chief covering the EMS side. Personally the truck can be used as a Command Post as in Main Command talking to County or Command on the scene. Also, good for MCI you have all the radios you need and a staffing board in some vechiles. I personally like the EMS Chief Cars.

Thomas

Agreed i like them also, they serve many roles.

I'll chime in on this one for my "business partner" lol. The reason for the overhaul was many of the lights that were in the car weren't working or safety issues. Originally there were 2 broken Predator II's in the rear, which we replaced with the TIR3s on the hatch, then separated the broken parts and mounted them in the rear windows out the side. Also, they wanted a "kill switch" on the headlight flashers, so when the vehicle is parked at an incident it isn't blinding oncoming traffic. We also relocated the radios and siren in the console for safer and easier operation.

I'll chime in on this one for my "business partner" lol. The reason for the overhaul was many of the lights that were in the car weren't working or safety issues. Originally there were 2 broken Predator II's in the rear, which we replaced with the TIR3s on the hatch, then separated the broken parts and mounted them in the rear windows out the side. Also, they wanted a "kill switch" on the headlight flashers, so when the vehicle is parked at an incident it isn't blinding oncoming traffic. We also relocated the radios and siren in the console for safer and easier operation.

Thanks, i been a little busy today. didnt have a chance to get on here to answer that one lol. Yes the rear lights on the hatch were removed and replaced the colors were changed also to stop the lights from blinding the oncoming traffic. the way the console was originally set up was unsafe and hazardous to the safety of the driver.to uuse the light and siiren or the radios you had to look away from the road to see the controls, they "a" radio and Siren/light controller were originally mounted to the rear of the console by the back of the seat rather then the front of the console where it is now mounted.

Just curious: What is the purpose of the Ham radio?

The purpose of the ham radio is for interoperability. It is a multi band radio and it is also field programmable so if you had to respond somewhere where you don't normally operate the user could input that areas frequency and be able to communicate.

Edited by uvfd67

Hey Mike,

Saw you post up on here. What do you think? Did it come out, how you had originally asked, i know the department made a few changes to the original game plan, but overall whats your honest oppinion?

~ Aj

I think it looks good. The only thing I don't like is the idea of white LED's to the rear. They will blind traffic behind the vehicle or approching at a scene. Do all of the clear lights shut off automaticly when the car is put into park or just the headlight flasher?

I think it looks good. The only thing I don't like is the idea of white LED's to the rear. They will blind traffic behind the vehicle or approching at a scene. Do all of the clear lights shut off automaticly when the car is put into park or just the headlight flasher?

Only the Headlight Flasher, we offered to haver it setup to kill all clear lgiths once it is in park, however they opted not to do that.