Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SWS1

Yorktown Heights Fire Department - Chief's 2009 Chevrolet Suburban

6 posts in this topic

Earlier this week, the Yorktown Heights FD took delivery of their new Chief's truck, a 2009 Chevrolet Suburban, upfitted by Specialty Warning Systems in Danbury, CT.

2531 incorporates an all Whelen LED warning system including a fully loaded Freedom FX lightbar, two red / white 700 Super LEDs and four TIR3s on the pushbumper, M4 LEDs on each front and rear outer corner and six Vertex HideAway LEDs in the rear taillights. An eight head Dominator Traffic Advisor was installed inside the rear cargo compartment window while two LIN3s were located at the lower level of the cargo area for added rear facing warning when the cargo door is raised. System control and siren function is by way of an HHS2100 remote system. Two LED compartment lights were installed behind the Traffic Advisor to provide supplemental lighting at night, for equipment retrieval.

The center console is a Havis vehicle specific replacement top console which contains the department and County trunk radios, Traffic Advisor control head and dual 12V power outlets. A custom bracket for the HHS2100 control head was installed against the face of the dash to keep it fixed within reach of the operator.

Specialty Warning Systems would like to thank the Yorktown Fire District for the opportunity to provide their new Chief's vehicle and hope we can work with them on additional projects in the future.

http://www.specialty...ingsystems.com/

post-7323-126411890918.jpg

post-7323-126411952424.jpg

post-7323-126411955101.jpg

post-7323-126411957261.jpg

post-7323-126411959743.jpg

post-7323-126411962497.jpg

Nice truck, but the safety chevrons on the rear of it are upside down.

Scott

Can you still see the chevrons? 'Nuff said,..

FWIW - I think that same pattern is on most patrol car bumpers (like PA State Police).

Congrats, Yorktown!!!! Nice vehicle!! Well planned, functional!!

Can you still see the chevrons? 'Nuff said,..

FWIW - I think that same pattern is on most patrol car bumpers (like PA State Police).

You are right, it is the same pattern, except on the PA SP and most other fire/ems/pd units, it is on the correct way.

post-1819-126447516229.jpg

Great looking car. I really like how the traffic Advisor is mounted inside of the car! Not many dept's do this and I think more should. Is there going to be a cabinet system installed in the trunk???