Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
notch138

NJ Ambulance Driver Crashes On Way To House Fire At His Home

6 posts in this topic

MIDDLE TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) — Police say a man crashed an ambulance while rushing to a house fire that claimed the life of his father in south Jersey.

LoHud.com

I understand the panic and wanted to help/save your family members, however, people need to realize just how little time they are saving by "hauling a**" to scenes. I mean your talking seconds... Thoughts and prayers to the driver of the SUV and to the ambulance driver and his mother. May his father R.I.P.

Very sad situation all around. But how do you really handle this or fault him? Sure, he could have driven with due regard,had his partner drive, or called for mutual aid and went in his own POV......but we don't know what went on in the heat of the moment.

I'm not saying he was at fault, but the last thing you want behind the wheel is a distracted driver. His partner should have taken over driving. I've been in this situation twice with partners. Its just not worth the risk.

I'm not saying he was at fault, but the last thing you want behind the wheel is a distracted driver. His partner should have taken over driving. I've been in this situation twice with partners. Its just not worth the risk.