Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CPAGE

Manhattan NY 127st & Madison Ave 2-1-2010 A/H's

15 posts in this topic

Got to the fire after it was knocked down and all victims removed. It was an all hands fire with fire on the 4th floor with people in the windows on the fire floor and floor above. All victims removed via TL-14 and L-26 stick. 4 10-45's 3 code 4 and 1 code 2.

All photo's by CPAGE

post-1209-12650664229.jpg

M' Ave likes this

next

post-1209-126506646608.jpg

post-1209-126506649821.jpg

post-1209-126506651932.jpg

post-1209-126506654229.jpg

post-1209-126506656657.jpg

Last

post-1209-126506658384.jpg

Chris, did you turn around and see the other All-Hands up the block?

Chris, did you turn around and see the other All-Hands up the block?

That went U/C as I was pulling up at this one.

Nice shots. Plenty of work to go around today. Fatal fire in Canarsie this morning, fatal fire in Rockaway this afternoon, 3rd Alarm and an All Hands in Howard Beach..

28 and 14 made grabs.....28 made grabs from the interior and 14 made it with there bucket

Good work FDNY!

One question, is there any kind of SOP / Guideline for clearing windows? Some places I've heard clear the top half only for venting then the bottom half after search is complete, etc.

Always love Truck placement in the City, and you gotta appreciate a corner building to gain access!

Good work FDNY!

One question, is there any kind of SOP / Guideline for clearing windows? Some places I've heard clear the top half only for venting then the bottom half after search is complete, etc.

Always love Truck placement in the City, and you gotta appreciate a corner building to gain access!

No SOP. We train to clear the whole window and the sash if entering through the window. Some of those windows are not completely taken which I would venture to guess that on the fire floor members were conducting their primary as fast as possible knowing there were confirmed victims.

M' Ave likes this

During a secondary and especially overhaul, the windows should be trimmed completely. That means the sash should be removed and the frame should be split and removed as well to check for extension. I'm not sure what stage they were at when these photos were taken. Maybe L14 knocked a few out quickly to vent, but the more complete overhaul wasn't completed yet. If you look at a photo towards the bottom of 14's bucket you can see that that window appears to be completely removed. Could have been clearing windows at that point....who knows.

Edited by M' Ave