Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Recent Delivery: FDNY Tower Ladder 138

14 posts in this topic

The FDNY has recently purchased a 75 ft Aeroscope 2 2008 Seagrave Marauder 2 on 1/16/10. The truck features a split tilt cab,8" raised roof and cab roof storage.

For pictures,visit WWW.Seagrave.com

question - is it a 2008 or a 2010 ?? I see it was ordered in 2008.... but is it a 2010 ?

It will be a 2010, if not that it will be a 2011 so they can stretch out the length of service. Corona Tigers will love this rig.

Awesome looking truck! Best of luck with it.

I think ulster hose in ulster county has same truck

question - is it a 2008 or a 2010 ?? I see it was ordered in 2008.... but is it a 2010 ?

Just because it is ordered in 2008 does not mean that it will be a 2008 model year for a rig. Usually when building a truck, the year make of the truck is determined by either when the chassis is built or by the completion of the truck. For example my rig at home is a 2006 Smeal rescue pumper built on a Spartan Gladiator LFD chassis and cab, which was built at the end of 2005 and states the cab is a 2005 model. The truck is classified as as a 2006 because that is when the rig was completely finished.

Also the model year does not determine the life of a rig either, that is determined by the placed-in-service date. So you can have a rig ordered in 2008, finished and delivered in 2010 and place in service in 2011, so after 20 years of service its scheduled replacement would be by 2031.

Mona and Cocaine Charlie will be well served by the Tigers. Let's hear it for the Corona Plumbing Company, the Yak will be pleased. And there will be mooooooooovement!!!

(ALL FDNY DISPATCHER INSIDE JOKES!!!!)

Mona and Cocaine Charlie will be well served by the Tigers. Let's hear it for the Corona Plumbing Company, the Yak will be pleased. And there will be mooooooooovement!!!

(ALL FDNY DISPATCHER INSIDE JOKES!!!!)

Can you explain this to us in 10 codes?

FiftyOnePride likes this

Thanks Izzyeng, thats what I thought, it did not seem right but wanted to make sure....

Nice, how are the new rescues and rear mounts coming along?

its a possibility that it looks similar to Ulster Hose's Tower Ladder. I know their truck was third on the line behind 2 FDNY trucks

Just taken with the cell phone about an hour ago. The new Tower Ladder 46. BFR and I are going to shoot it with real cameras next week.

TL-46Cell.jpg