Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
helicopper

Best Cop Movies of all Time

9 posts in this topic

Police Magazine is doing a survey to see what the best cop movies of all time were...

post-4772-126659072003.jpg

http://www.policemag.com/Channel/Patrol/News/2010/02/18/Police-Academy-Awards.aspx

Jump straight to the poll...

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=xd%2fujReigiIjXt7Nes8eTbX7uYQPA2bmfaoUB1C7z4Y%3d&

What do you think? What're the best cop movies of all time?

There really are some classics out there, and I don't know if I could say for certain which movie could be considered the best. But, the best scene in any cop movie, hands down, is the car/train chase scene under the El in The French Connection.

"The Departed" definitely fits the category, but for me I think I'll have to go with "The French Connection" as well.

There have been alot of good cop moives over the years, and quite a few dogs as well....as the title says " The Bad Lieutenant" comes to mind. But in all reality while cop movies are good, I have always found mob movies to be more ...entertaining, (but hey I am a piaisan after all....wink.gif ). And with that I must say that of them all...and there are quite a few great ones..."The Godfather" holds the number one spot hands down.

Cogs

Edited by FFPCogs

There are so many great cop movies, but for chase scene I gotta disagree with you FFLieu. Bullitt. Steve McQueen's chase scene in that dark green mustang was the first of its kind and became the template for todays chase scenes.

Absolutely its got to be BOTH the French Connection and Bullett. You don't get any better than Gene Hackman as Popeye Doyle and Steve McQueen as Bullett. Now here is the BIG QUESTION for EVERYONE - What movie had the BETTER car chase scene? The French Connection OR Bullett?

Edited by 61MACKBR1

Though I don't envy that job in this day and age it is definitely on of my favorite genres...they are usually better than fd movies LOL. I don't think Training Day, Fort Apache, Copland or Colors have been mentioned.

On a side note I always thought report from Engine Co. 82 with the right director, lens and ADVISORS would make a great movie.

Edited by weaselff

supertroopers far and away

best cops i have ever seen

Edited by bvfdjc316