Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SageVigiles

Milford, CT - 2/24/10 - Tractor Trailer Rollover

1 post in this topic

Date: 2/24/10

Time: Approx 0300

Location: I-95 N/B, Exit 40 off-ramp. Cross street Old Gate Lane.

Frequency: 154.340 (Milford FD), C-Med South Central, CSP Trunked System (Troop G)

Units Operating: Milford Fire Department, AMR, CSP Troop G, CSP CARS (Car Accident Reconstruction Team), Yale-New Haven Hospital SHARPS Team (ER Doctor Flycar) DOT, United Illuminating Company

Weather Conditions: Rain, light fog

Description Of Incident: Tractor Trailer rollover on the off-ramp with Extrication

Reporters:

Writer: SageVigiles

Tractor Trailer rolled over onto its' driver side, taking out numerous power lines and 2 poles, one of which ended up on top of the truck. FD units had to wait for United Illuminating to cut power before beginning extrication operations. Driver was reported to be unconscious. Patient extricated by Milford FD and transported via AMR to Yale-NH Hospital. State Police Troop G (Bridgeport) and CARS Team investigating. DOT closed the off-ramp during extrication and investigation operations.

I drove past this on my way back to New Haven, not as much of a traffic nightmare as I thought it would be. By the way, if anyone was wondering, the truck was carrying oranges.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0