Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
firemn23

Westchester Heros

7 posts in this topic

Not sure of all the details but this Saturday at 12 Noon in Pekskill there will be a welcome home for one of the batallions that is coming home. Every department is asked to bring a rig or a car to the event. Could someone fill in all the blanks here.

The following was in a memo handed out last night at the Training Center:

'The 204th Engineer Battalion will be arriving home from Iraq at the Peekskill Armory this Saturday, March 5 at 12 noon. The families of the returning soldiers are planning a Welcome Home party at the Armory. The Troops families are asking County Fire Departments, Police Departments and EMS Agencies, as well as American Legion members to join their celebration. We would like to have one truck or car from each department to line Washington Street (the Armory is 955 Washington) to salute the troops as they arrive home.

The families greatly appreciate your participation and invite everyone to stay for the party planned at the Armory.

Please come out to thank the troops and let them know our thoughts and prayers were with them while they were in Iraq and we celebrate their safe return.'

It also listed a phone number and email address for more info, but i will not post that. PM me if you need it.

The short-notice of this detail had no impact on how big of a success this was. It was nice to see so many members of the area's Fire, Police and EMS services come out and welcome home some of our american heroes. I know I will probably miss someone, but here's a list of units that I did in fact see.

Peekskill FD: 2341, 2342, 2343, E130, E132, E133, E134, U17 and many members.

Verplanck: 2491, TL46

Buchanan: E161

Montrose: 2271, TL8

Croton: 2082, 2083, E119, TL44, R18

Yorktown: 2531, E270

Cortlandt VAC: 88B1, 88B3

Peekskill VAC: 75B1, 75B3

Cortlandt Medics

Banksville: U58, L77

Briarcliff: R37

Katonah: 2211

Mount Kisco: U13

Mamaroneck EMS

New Castle, Peekskill, County, State, Buchanan Police units

It was well setup. TL8 & TL46 had a huge flag setup to the south of the Armory, and TL44 & L77 had one setup to the north end. Apparatus were lined up on both sides of the street, with the members saluting and applauding.

A round of applause for WCDES and Peekskill FD, giving those who fight for our way of life a nice, warm return home!

i also believe that ardsley had 2012 if i was not mistaken

Great Job for welcome home party- but where was everybody for the funerals for Westchester county residents that were killed in Iraq-most recent was soldier Michael Arciola of Elmsford NY. :cry: :sad: This should be a County wide resposibilty.

Great Job for welcome home party-  but where was everybody for the funerals for Westchester county residents that were killed in Iraq-most recent was soldier Michael Arciola of Elmsford NY. :cry:  :sad: This should be a County wide resposibilty.

I know but i think it's the famlies choice but belive me i would go just like i went Sat. no amount of miles is to far of that =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>