Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
efdcapt115

2 Brooklyn FFs Seriously Injured

4 posts in this topic

A firefighter has been seriously injured in a fire at a private dwelling in the Bronx.

Fire officials say the firefighter was taken to the hospital Thursday morning. His exact injuries were not immediately known.

The two-alarm fire at 192 Concord St. was described as heavy.

Firefighters were still battling the blaze at 5:40 a.m.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/bronx/firefighter_seriously_injured_in_Nh3oMuMKj1zduqt4Tbo0sK#ixzz0htcWGnu7

Edited by efdcapt115

Conflicting information. Firehouse.com has it as Brooklyn with five firefighters injured, two seriously. (Same address as the Post story, different borough)

Fire officials are investigating the cause of an early-morning fire in Brooklyn that injured five firefighters, two of them seriously – hours after another fire in the borough claimed the life of a man.

Flames broke out around 4:30 this morning on the first floor of a single-family home on 192 Concord Street in Downtown, Brooklyn.

http://www.firehouse.com/topics/top-headlines/2-fdny-ffs-seriously-injured-blaze

Edit: The NY 1 story confirms firehouse has it right, NY Post is wrong. Wish I could change the Topic Title. Chris, Jack, Izz, can you help me out?

Edited by efdcapt115

There was an all hands in brooklyn around 4 something and then shortly after that an all hands in the bronx...the tones from the notifications woke me up in the bus. Didn't hear anything about any members injured however, speedy recovery to the members hurt.

Edited by Goose

2 members initially transported. One yellow and one red tag. Both released from the hospital later that day. Officers really need to be re-educated as to what the different triage colors mean. On many occasions after assessing a patient I've had one of my officers transmit an entirely different story.