Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spin_the_wheel

60 control on 46.20?

12 posts in this topic

Been hearing 60 control 5x5 on 46.20 in Nassau county...is this just skip or are you using this freq?

Edited by spin_the_wheel

I highly doubt it. Just checked the FCC database, and Westchester County is not licensed for that freq. The closest freq to it is 46.22MHz for mobile use only KED281.

I highly doubt it. Just checked the FCC database, and Westchester County is not licensed for that freq. The closest freq to it is 46.22MHz for mobile use only KED281.

Must be a skip, it has been happening for a few months now off and on, but very clear...we even hear units responding. Did 60 control boost power or upgrade equipment in the past few months?

Katonah uses 46.220 to x-Band Fire Trunk 16. Maybe thats bleeding over

Try checking out this thread Westchester FD Repeaters. The thread is old and West Harrison FD has changed it's freq (reflected in the thread) and I think Peekskill FD's repeater may have been taken down. Try monitoring these freq's to see if they are overpowering you. One of these repeater's may have changed, but why the signal would drift from 46.26MHz all the way down to 46.20MHz something seems out of whack. Is the signal received on all of your radios or just one or two. If so, it may be a reception problem on your end. :(

Try checking out this thread Westchester FD Repeaters. The thread is old and West Harrison FD has changed it's freq (reflected in the thread) and I think Peekskill FD's repeater may have been taken down. Try monitoring these freq's to see if they are overpowering you. One of these repeater's may have changed, but why the signal would drift from 46.26MHz all the way down to 46.20MHz something seems out of whack. Is the signal received on all of your radios or just one or two. If so, it may be a reception problem on your end. :(

Katonah, Bedford and Bedford Hills are some of the Depts I hear, It's coming over radios in Firehouses and the County fire communications 46.20 console.

If your in Nassau, you more than likely getting traffic from CT on 46.20. Ansonia used to be on 46.20 but we since moved to high band exclusively. Glastonbury has a simulcast / broadcast of their UHF system on 46.20 and the antenna is pretty high up. Also there are a few departments in Middlesex County CT that use 46.20 for thier ops frequency (I think East Haddam and Haddam do) whihc also have links to thier UHF systems.

If your in Nassau, you more than likely getting traffic from CT on 46.20. Ansonia used to be on 46.20 but we since moved to high band exclusively. Glastonbury has a simulcast / broadcast of their UHF system on 46.20 and the antenna is pretty high up. Also there are a few departments in Middlesex County CT that use 46.20 for thier ops frequency (I think East Haddam and Haddam do) whihc also have links to thier UHF systems.

Izzy we used to hear your Dept. all the time, dont hear it anymore...

Armonk is multicasting Fire 16 onto 46.20.

Armonk is a Dept. we hear also. No big deal, just curious is all....Im the only one who knew what I was listening to, thanks to my emtbravo experience! Be safe all.

Here is the listings for the TalkGroups of the Trunked System. Fire 16 would include Armonk FD (located on I-684@exit 3) and they are licensed for operations on 46.20MHz.

If you are only hearing these FD's, you are likely hearing the Armonk Repeater.

Edited by SteveOFD

Izzy we used to hear your Dept. all the time, dont hear it anymore...

We removed the 46.200 radio simulcast / broadcast / X-Band link about 3 years ago when we relocated out 156.1875 tower to the center of the city. The main transmitter used to be at Company 5 (both 46.2 and high band) originally.

We got tired of being dispatched by Nassau to "Box 6" all the time on a clear night, which set off our pager tones, made us respond to our Olsen (no not Ocean) Drive and came to realize it was you guys on the Island that had the job!!! :P