Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chief1710

Spy Shots Lake Carmel Fire New Rescue

24 posts in this topic

Soon to be delivered Hackney rescue on a Spartan Metro Star chassis. Cummings motor with a Pump and 300 gallons of water, Light Tower and bunch of other stuff I can post later.

post-10023-126972504774.jpg

post-10023-126972505592.jpg

x635 likes this

Very nice! Thanks for sharing the shots! Can't wait to see more...

Does this replace 17-6-1?

Yes this will be replacing our 1989 Road Rescue walk in which is for sale...

The new rescue: Winch in a hide away front bumper,PTO generator,refridge,pump,300 gallon water tank,two speedlays,10 scba bottle storage,cribbing and extrication chain storage,transverse ems compart.,stokes and backboard storage, ladder compartment,preconnected hydralic reels and on board elec hydralic pump,5 drawer tool box,3 full size tool boards, two electrical reels either side,4 dunage compartments top side,speedy dri hopper and some other misc. things.

x635 likes this

Very Nice. Looks like a well thought out design. Good Luck LCFD!!

Great looking vehicle!!! Looks like a lot of thought and planning went into it. Good Luck, LCFD!!!!!

This is the current rescue a 1989 Road Rescue on an International chassis with a walk in box. A front mounted warn winch, a 10kw generator, Electrical reels on both sides and hydralic reels curb side and 4 night fighters. The body is in good shape with a little damage to the front fender curb side from a run in with a Gator. Other than that just normal wear and tear from over the years. As of right now i dont believe that our Board of Directors has set a price and are looking for interested parties.

post-10023-126981280044.jpg

Just out of curiousity, was the rescue ever used as an ambulance?

No we never used it that way however we did place victims on backboards and load them in the rear of the rescue while waiting for transport ambulances during multi victim car accidents.

ny10570 likes this

Great looking rescue! I really like the fact that it has a little bit of water on it. It sucks to be first due with no water, or to come upon an incident and not be able to do anything. Plus the public never understands.

Great looking rescue! I really like the fact that it has a little bit of water on it. It sucks to be first due with no water, or to come upon an incident and not be able to do anything. Plus the public never understands.

Actually, that is what makes a Rescue Pumper such an attractive piece of apparatus for a volunteer department to use for vehicle extrication runs. Many V.F.D.'s frequently find themselves very short

of personnel during 'normal business hours' and end up having to choose between responding with a rescue truck and calling mutual aid for a pumper or vice versa. If a V.F.D. happens to be fortunate enough to have a significant number of personnel who are trained and certified in all aspects of technical rescue (high angle, confined space, trench, scuba, swift water, ice, structural collapse, etc.)and have a high frequency of such responses, then a full sized heavy rescue rig may be the only option. Departments that purchase large dedicated heavy rescue rigs but really are only trained for auto extrication and 'light rescue' work generally end up with a big rig with the standard compliment of auto extrication tools, some cribbing, speedy dry and possibly some struts. The rest is filled with basic engine and truck company equipment. Often an air cascade and command center is incorporated into the unit also. In many cases, it's far more economical for a county to train and equip a technical rescue team (much as they do a Haz Mat Team, fire investigation team, etc.) A suitable rescue rig along with a large box truck to carry additional shoring and tools, can be centrally located and brought to any scene when needed. A mobile cascade unit and command post is another vehicle that is best operated from a central location by the county.This concept can save individual departments a tremendous amount of money and does away with the huge amount of duplication of equipment that exists within the volunteer service today.

x635 likes this

Box Box I fully agree about the staffing issue and the rescue pumper being an efficient solution. As for your other points, that would be nice in states that had functional county governments. CT does not.

Box Box I fully agree about the staffing issue and the rescue pumper being an efficient solution. As for your other points, that would be nice in states that had functional county governments. CT does not.

I understand Alpinerunner. There are right and wrong ways of providing Fire, Rescue and EMS services, there are also many obstructions to getting things done the right way. As you have stated in your area dysfunctional county government is a problem. Other issues that can prevent departments from doing 'the right thing':

-In some areas competition among departments (trying to 'one up' each other)

-Officers who are not progressive

-Departments being run from behind the scenes by the 'good old boys'

-Departments who refuse to open their eyes to what is going on in the fire service as a whole. Failure to get out and attend good, factually correct seminars provided by fire service leaders who are recognized for their knowledge and 'real world' experience.

I've got a notice that states, "You can make 2 more posts until 31 March 2010 - 12:47 PM. This restriction is in place until you have 2 more approved posts" ... so I guess I'll only be permitted to comment one more time until then.

Looks very nice when is it going to go into service ?

No we never used it that way however we did place victims on backboards and load them in the rear of the rescue while waiting for transport ambulances during multi victim car accidents.

Wait a second there, old pal. I seem to remember an incident involving a wasps nest with 17-7-1 back in 1989 or 90. Wasn't that patient transported in 6-1, or did they wait for CVAC or Patterson??

PS let me know when it gets delivered. I'd like to come up and take pix.

Wait a second there, old pal. I seem to remember an incident involving a wasps nest with 17-7-1 back in 1989 or 90. Wasn't that patient transported in 6-1, or did they wait for CVAC or Patterson??

LOL JBE.....It was summer of '89. We had just received the new 7-1 when we had an ambulance call on N. Terryhill by the old town hall. We apparently ran over a wasps nest when pulling in to the house. We packaged the patient and when we were about to load him into the rig, we opened the door and found dozens of wasps in the ambulance. Closed the doors and called for a mutual aid ambulance from Carmel.

PS - Kent PD gave me a ride back to the fire house and I bought old 3-1 to the scene. Used two CO2 extinguishers and took care of the wasp problem.....took several hours to clean the ambulance.

I actually do remember transporting patients in the rescue at least once but it wasn't the norm. And Jim I will let u know when it gets in service. The rescue is being delivered this week and should be in service around May 1st which is our inspection. (Hint Hint a good day to take pics of the appartus while its nice and clean)

If I'm not workin, I'll be there.

Some more pictures, the truck is arriving tomorrow 4/19/10

post-10023-127171110123.jpg

post-10023-127171111345.jpg

post-10023-127171112307.jpg

post-10023-127171113725.jpg

post-10023-127171114922.jpg

Awesome looking rescue. Well planned design. Best of luck with it!

I understand Alpinerunner. There are right and wrong ways of providing Fire, Rescue and EMS services, there are also many obstructions to getting things done the right way. As you have stated in your area dysfunctional county government is a problem. Other issues that can prevent departments from doing 'the right thing':

Rescue is looking great!!

I als wanted to clarify, though, that by dysfunctional I meant non-existant. CT doesn't have any county government or county organization like NY. So it would be difficult to have a county Hazmat truck, command vehicle, Technical rescue, etc... as much as it does make sense. Because of this there is a lot of duplication of apparatus in some areas and some areas just end up with very little specialized equipment. There has been talk (on radio talk shows) about resurecting county government as a cost savings in light of the current financial situation. It won't happen.

Looks awesome!! Thanks for the pics!