Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
masterofmetal85

Empress EMS Hiring?

13 posts in this topic

I believe they are in a hiring freeze after they lost Mt. Vernon, but you can check their website for employment opportunities. I believe its www.empressems.com.

I believe they are in a hiring freeze after they lost Mt. Vernon, but you can check their website for employment opportunities. I believe its www.empressems.com.

I checked they don't have an employment opportunities section just an online application to fill out which I did.

Highly reccomended, fill out and employment application and send in a resume with it. Mail it to Human Resources, 722 Nepperhan Ave Yonkers NY 10701.

Their website is currently undergoing reconstruction, and just because Empress lost the Mount Vernon contract temporarily doesn't have a major effect on hiring EMT's nor does it mean the company has other big contracts in the works.

Depending on where you live, I'd also apply at Mobile Life. They will be expanding significantly in the next year.

Doubtful that EMPRESS will hire any new employees any time soon.

>>Highly reccomended, fill out and employment application and send in a resume with it. Mail it to Human Resources

>>Human Resources

Empress has no "Human Resources" to speak of

Empress is a company that has rebounded many times before. In fact, it's resisted mergers offers and selling to another company and is still standing. They do what's right the best they can when they can. They've respectfully and honestly gained and earned many contracts, and unfortunetly, some have been stolen due to other shady companies and politics. And they've NEVER trashed other companies employees to make an example to sway their own employees.

A lot of people can talk bad about Empress, and complain while they are there, but when you look back at it, they are one of the best commercial EMS companies out there. They are the company responsible for many EMS "firsts" in the County for many years, including the very succesful Westchester EMS conference, EMD, GPS tracking, EMS Special Operations Division (in Westchester), Stat Flight, etc.

Many people have gone on to great careers that started at Empress, including mine. And, to this day, Empress is still there for me if I need them. It truly is a family and part of your blood once you've worked there. I know more people that have good memories of Empress then bad.

I'd send in that application, and ignore the critics. Who knows what the future holds for Empress, but do everything not to miss out.

Empress is a company that has rebounded many times before. In fact, it's resisted mergers offers and selling to another company and is still standing. They do what's right the best they can when they can. They've respectfully and honestly gained and earned many contracts, and unfortunetly, some have been stolen due to other shady companies and politics. And they've NEVER trashed other companies employees to make an example to sway their own employees.

A lot of people can talk bad about Empress, and complain while they are there, but when you look back at it, they are one of the best commercial EMS companies out there. They are the company responsible for many EMS "firsts" in the County for many years, including the very succesful Westchester EMS conference, EMD, GPS tracking, EMS Special Operations Division (in Westchester), Stat Flight, etc.

Many people have gone on to great careers that started at Empress, including mine. And, to this day, Empress is still there for me if I need them. It truly is a family and part of your blood once you've worked there. I know more people that have good memories of Empress then bad.

I'd send in that application, and ignore the critics. Who knows what the future holds for Empress, but do everything not to miss out.

It tells me more about you than the company that you posted the words you did, but it does tell me that they can inspire loyalty in good people and that says alot!

x635 likes this

There are alot of old ex-Empress EMS employees on here. If you speak to any one of them, They will tell you the same thing I will. I have been there since 2006, in my 4 years here. I have learned more here at Empress, then any other place, I have been. Every company has it's ups. and downs. Empress is no exception, but if you want to work for the most professional, well respected company in Westchester County. Then come here. All I can say is bring your A- game, because you will get it all. Trauma's at lest once a shift, Medical calls, that will test your skills. Knowledgeable partners that have been around the block a few times, and are willing to teach you. If you come over.. All I can say is welcome to the family.

x635 and PFDRes47cue like this

There are alot of old ex-Empress EMS employees on here. If you speak to any one of them, They will tell you the same thing I will. I have been there since 2006, in my 4 years here. I have learned more here at Empress, then any other place, I have been. Every company has it's ups. and downs. Empress is no exception, but if you want to work for the most professional, well respected company in Westchester County. Then come here. All I can say is bring your A- game, because you will get it all. Trauma's at lest once a shift, Medical calls, that will test your skills. Knowledgeable partners that have been around the block a few times, and are willing to teach you. If you come over.. All I can say is welcome to the family.

I'm really hoping to get onboard soon but like a few other people stated they are on a hiring freeze and haven't had an orientation since october ( i looked into it) I went in to fill the application if there's anything else you can suggest to do or anything you might be able to do that might help me get my foot in the door I'd greatly appreciate that

Anyone know if they're hiring or will be hiring in the near future?

Look on the websites, instead of running down every EMS agency and creating a thread about employment opportunties.

Look on the websites, instead of running down every EMS agency and creating a thread about employment opportunties.

Actually, my understanding is that one of the major reasons that Seth created EMTBravo was to create an information exchange amongst emergency service providers in Westchester County. In fact he and I used to talk extensively back then. There are a number of other members of this site that have been here since the beginning, and I am sure they remember that. There were lists of resources, etc. And one of the goals I believe was to allow people to ask questions, and those with definitive "inside" answers to provide the information. A company website may list employment opportunities on its home page, however that may not have been updated or may be a permanent stance so that they are always ready to hire people when needed. This forum gives you the ability to ask a possible insider. The answer may not always be provided in the public forum, however there are ways for someone to answer the question correctly without everyone including their boss avail to reading so. There are Empress supervisors and employees that visit this forum and may be able to provide insight, whether it be a posting in this thread or a quick direct message giving the person appropriate and necessary information. As Seth said, we have seen Empress go from glory to purgatory and back to glory over the years. I worked there, and although there were times I hated it, there were times I loved it. Many of the guys I go out with now-a-days all worked there at some point. We have all moved on, it is considered a stepping stone, but we all talk about our times at Empress. Well, not all of us have moved on...sorry Rich...lol I give them credit because it is hard to run a profit service while serving the poverty stricken...which barring Y-town and the upper east side of Yonkers, that is the majority!~

ems-buff likes this

Actually, my understanding is that one of the major reasons that Seth created EMTBravo was to create an information exchange amongst emergency service providers in Westchester County. In fact he and I used to talk extensively back then. There are a number of other members of this site that have been here since the beginning, and I am sure they remember that. There were lists of resources, etc. And one of the goals I believe was to allow people to ask questions, and those with definitive "inside" answers to provide the information. A company website may list employment opportunities on its home page, however that may not have been updated or may be a permanent stance so that they are always ready to hire people when needed. This forum gives you the ability to ask a possible insider. The answer may not always be provided in the public forum, however there are ways for someone to answer the question correctly without everyone including their boss avail to reading so. There are Empress supervisors and employees that visit this forum and may be able to provide insight, whether it be a posting in this thread or a quick direct message giving the person appropriate and necessary information. As Seth said, we have seen Empress go from glory to purgatory and back to glory over the years. I worked there, and although there were times I hated it, there were times I loved it. Many of the guys I go out with now-a-days all worked there at some point. We have all moved on, it is considered a stepping stone, but we all talk about our times at Empress. Well, not all of us have moved on...sorry Rich...lol I give them credit because it is hard to run a profit service while serving the poverty stricken...which barring Y-town and the upper east side of Yonkers, that is the majority!~

Thanks for getting my back mucho appreciated = )

You hit the nail on the head, Oswegowind. That's exactly what EMTBravo is here for. Thanks.