Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PVFD113

Putnam Valley waits their KME Pumper/Rescue

25 posts in this topic

Latest word from the factory is --Progress!! Plant visit is scheduled for the middle of the month and delivery should be March/April. Delivery was originally scheduled for January but some "delays" were incountered early on. Alot of time and planning went in to this rig--can't wait to see the finished product!!!

where is it going station 1 or station 2 and if 2 is it replacing 24-2-1

Any specs available? We're a curious bunch here!!

Okay here is the quick version-the new rig will be replacing the current 24-2-1 (1988 Pierce Lance 1000/1000 pumper) physically that is. As of now the plan is to get rid of the current 24-2-2(1985 Pierce Arrow 1000/1000 pumper) and reassign the 1988.

As for the specs--How detailed do ya want? The basics--KME Excel X-MFD 6 Person cab. Overall length aprox 32', Height aprox. 10'3", Detroit Series 60 500hp / Allison 4000 EVS 5 speed auto. 1,000 gpm Waterous single stage pump. Should have a nice Whelen warning package+ the trusty ol "Q", 8k Hyd. generator, light tower, Holmatro rescue tools. It will serve as a pumper/rescue so the body will resemble more of a rescue--full height, fell depth compartments with roll up doors. It will not have the traditional "T" tank more of a rectangle to gain the full depth of the compartments all the way up. Warn portable winch, pull out tool boards. What else to add--well--if ya want more specific's just ask, should have some pics after the factory visit tomorrow!!

CYA

Sounds like this is going to be an awesome truck cant wait to see it.

Saw it at the factory today-- quite the truck so far. Estimated compleation is 3-4 weeks. I have some pics I will be forwarding to Mr. Bravo for him to post if he chooses. Our rig is sitting right in front of Briarcliff's lnew ladder I believe(well thats what I was told by the employee's in the shop anyway)

No plans as of yet but I am sure we will. Went down again today and it is at the 90% stage. Looks pretty darn good. I will be forwarding the newest pics to Bravo for posting tomorrow after I sort them out. I heard one of your trucks just came back from Long Island getting some repairs done--one of the Mack's? I thought you only had one left (the tanker) or did you keep 2-1?

As you can all see--the pics are posted--although not many of them but you get the idea. Also in the posting are various other pics from down there at the factory. Can you guess which Westchester county dept is getting that Mid Mount Ladder? THe other random photos include 2 tillers that are California bound (1 complete and one not, as well as Milton Truck 15-1. If you got questions--I can sure try and answer them.

very nice adam.....i saw the pictures and it looks good to me from here in albany

N the N

I guess only time will tell now!!!

when can i test drive it?

Not until at least a month or two after you are away from school so you have time to get you head back out of your--well you know--aside from that--we haven't gotten the booster seat ordered yet so you can see out the windshield!!!

Gimme a call when u r back we can discuss it

Since Nick asked about driving, what about me???

Let us get it here first--baby steps--This truck has been a long time coming--a lot of planning--like around 2 years have gone into it. We are accepting bids for the 85 Pierce--maybe you could take it for a test drive LOL!!!

"BOOSTER SEAT"...ouchhhhhh. that was a funny one. talk to you in a few weeks, but you know when i come home its going to be for good.

God help us all!!! We SHOULD have the truck HERE within 2 weeks.

As of 1915 hours this date the rig has entered New York State. It was spotted in Rockland County en route to Ruscon for the finishing touches.

Our newest addition is scheduled to arrive Friday the 18. I have updated pics being send to Mr. Dravo this evening. As it stands now, it is ready to go--just a few minor issues to be resolved. Can't wait!!!

Engine looks very nice and well designed!!!! =D> Congratulations and good luck with it.

It Has arrived!!! Currently hiding out at the main station until it is put into service (train drivers, load up all the equipment etc!!!)Looks incredible!!

Fine job by the comittee. More pics to follow soon.

It Has arrived!!!  Currently hiding out at the main station until it is put into service (train drivers, load up all the equipment etc!!!)Looks incredible!!

Fine job by the comittee.  More pics to follow soon.

Congrats!!! Good luck with it!!! May it serve you well for years to come!!!!!!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Thanks--when we host our "in service" gathering I will post it here!!

As of 0930 this date--the old 24-2-2 (1985 Pierce Arrow)has been taken OOS

The current 24-2-1(1988 Pierce Lance) has been re located and re assigned as 24-2-2.

The new 2005 KME EXCEL is now in service at station 2.

It has yet to make its maiden voyage.

The 85 made its last run at 0700 on an automatic alarm. It has answered it's last alarm with P.V.V.F.D.

It has served us well!!!