Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vtach39680

New Commercial Dual Band Radio

6 posts in this topic

I've hear of the company but never this type of radio. Seems like a modified version of an Icom or Yaesu HAM machine. Only one range of UHF, if you buy it and are on the 470 MHz your out of luck, no Xmit.

Never heard of Holzberg, but for cross-band operations, check out the Vertex Standard VX-920. http://www.vertexsta...64&isArchived=0

My latest radio is a Vertex VX-900, and it's a sturdy, dependable, and relatively inexpensive radio. Motorola's got a decent competitor. NYPD is having some success switching over to Vertex.

Transmitting on both VHF and UHF in the same radio is somewhat of an electronic challenge. Even the antenna needs to be able to receive and transmit on both bands.

Edited by bronxfireradio

Never heard of Holzberg, but for cross-band operations, check out the Vertex Standard VX-920. http://www.vertexsta...64&isArchived=0

My latest radio is a Vertex VX-900, and it's a sturdy, dependable, and relatively inexpensive radio. Motorola's got a decent competitor. NYPD is having some success switching over to Vertex.

Transmitting on both VHF and UHF in the same radio is somewhat of an electronic challenge. Even the antenna needs to be able to receive and transmit on both bands.

Motorola owns Vertex as well as Yaesu I do believe....

I have this radio. They kinda suck, the software was not Vista compatible (only XP) and the range is not so great.

Stick with what works. Yaseu makes a great radio. ( Yaseu is the Ham & Vertex is the same but set for proff operations) Same company!!

Duel band radios such as Yaseu has been around for awhile. My mobile is the Yaseu 8900 it is a quad band and works great.

Vertex has only made the proff versions as single band ( I will not get into that on this site. ) Yaseu can be modified to do

both. This has issues as well. If you are a ham and work Pd Fire or EMS then you know what is up. Not a ham go with what you

need Vertex, icom, kenwood, moto

Edited by Medic442