Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nfd2004

Bronx Mcdonalds job ?

19 posts in this topic

Any word on a recent working fire at the Mcdonalds located at Fordham Rd and Southern Blvd. I recently got a page of "fire through the roof" at this location, but can't confirm that. I ask this because it is now my favorite hang out site while buffing the Bronx.

I am not sure, but I think it was a fire on the roof, no special units required.

If that MacDonalds burned down so help me god...

It is like the only place open early and late that I would go to when I was working as a keeper at the Bronx Zoo. It was literally around a fence and across the street from my office building. It is the only place to get something quick when you are 30 minutes late and 250 birds need to be fed. Not to mention the various humanity you see in there. crackheads and skells standing next to some of the foremost wildlife researchs in thw world.

If that MacDonalds burned down so help me god...

It is like the only place open early and late that I would go to when I was working as a keeper at the Bronx Zoo. It was literally around a fence and across the street from my office building. It is the only place to get something quick when you are 30 minutes late and 250 birds need to be fed. Not to mention the various humanity you see in there. crackheads and skells standing next to some of the foremost wildlife researchs in thw world.

Is that the one next to MacDougal's?

If they are talking about the one I think they are talking about it on Fordham Road between Southern Bvld and Crotona ave next to the Mobil gas station. When I was working down there at the zoo there was an FDNY ambulance parked there often.

Edited by bvfdjc316

If they are talking about the one I think they are talking about it on Fordham Road between Southern Bvld and Crotona ave. When I was working down there at the zoo there was an FDNY ambulance parked there often.

Please tell me you have Netflix. If so, go watch immediately: "Coming to America" starring Eddie Murphy. And that is an order!

Please tell me you have Netflix. If so, go watch immediately: "Coming to America" starring Eddie Murphy. And that is an order!

you know I was going to watch it when I was home from school over the weekend because it was on comedy central and I was too lazy to change the channel but my parents made me change the channel. I have seen most of Coming to America, however, it various parts, one of the few things I do remember is when he get his hair cut and the opening scene when his vast wealth is on display. I will get right on watching it from end to end but it will have to wait until after finals. I am being murdered here up at school.

Is that the one next to MacDougal's?

HA Classic

I thought it was McDowells

post-163-127135430578.jpg

post-163-127135439222.jpg

Edited by mfc2257

HA Classic

I thought it was McDowells

Yes, you are right...maybe I should go watch it...lol

it would be a real shame if that mcdonalds burned down,its a nice place to hang out when buffing as nfd2004 would know,can get to any part of the bronx from that spot.

I am not sure, but I think it was a fire on the roof, no special units required.

Thanks "dillion", sounds to me like that's what it was. I haven't heard much more about it, so I'm hoping it's open for business. And Yes, somebody asked if that is the McDonalds between Southern and Crotona near the Mobil Gas Station---Yes, that's it.

I also think that is one of the sites assigned to an FDNY/EMS Unit. I forget what the term is for its staging location between calls. Actually, I think its a Haz Tac Unit that is assigned to the area. I've talked to a few EMS people there too.

Anyway, if you happen to see a blue Nisson sentra with a scanner antenna on the back trunk area,and Connecticut Plates, stop over and say Hello to Uncle NFD2004.

And for those that work in the Bronx Zoo across the street, "you do a Great job". My wife and I love going there. Thank you. My wife says I'm almost as Fat as that Big Gorilla you got there. "Anesti" you don't agree with her, do you ???

Thanks "dillion", sounds to me like that's what it was. I haven't heard much more about it, so I'm hoping it's open for business. And Yes, somebody asked if that is the McDonalds between Southern and Crotona near the Mobil Gas Station---Yes, that's it.

I also think that is one of the sites assigned to an FDNY/EMS Unit. I forget what the term is for its staging location between calls. Actually, I think its a Haz Tac Unit that is assigned to the area. I've talked to a few EMS people there too.

Anyway, if you happen to see a blue Nisson sentra with a scanner antenna on the back trunk area,and Connecticut Plates, stop over and say Hello to Uncle NFD2004.

And for those that work in the Bronx Zoo across the street, "you do a Great job". My wife and I love going there. Thank you. My wife says I'm almost as Fat as that Big Gorilla you got there. "Anesti" you don't agree with her, do you ???

Bill dont listen to her your a good looking guy, btw you want to see a gorilla check the hair on my back :P:lol:

Edited by Anesti

Anesti, I met you over there last spring. Its a tough unit, spent so much time sitting on the bumper that day, I got a sunburn and finished my crossword. It is the 89 or cross street location for 18Rescue (18Zebra when we met).

Anesti, I met you over there last spring. Its a tough unit, spent so much time sitting on the bumper that day, I got a sunburn and finished my crossword. It is the 89 or cross street location for 18Rescue (18Zebra when we met).

hey im trying to remember you lol

"NY10570". Maybe its me (NFD2004) that you met over there at the Mcdonalds. I'm the fat guy and I had a light blue Nisson Sentra. I remember talking to one guy there who was in a FDNY/EMS Haz Tac Unit. That was probadly around last summer.

Also, it really is a small world because I also know "Anesti" and Both of us have hung out there. But "Anesti" is a young slim guy, while I'm the old Fat Guy. Maybe you remember, I think I told you that I have been coming down to the Bronx for a long time and that I was a retired firefighter from Connecticut.

I'm hoping to be there this Wedensday if all goes well. "Anesti", you gonna join me ??? And just to stay on track here, "ALL are invited".

sorry, twisted up the screen names. I had meant you nfd. Have a good trip. These days I'm sitting on a bumper in lower manhattan. Not as much sun, but a better view.

"NY10570". Maybe its me (NFD2004) that you met over there at the Mcdonalds. I'm the fat guy and I had a light blue Nisson Sentra. I remember talking to one guy there who was in a FDNY/EMS Haz Tac Unit. That was probadly around last summer.

Also, it really is a small world because I also know "Anesti" and Both of us have hung out there. But "Anesti" is a young slim guy, while I'm the old Fat Guy. Maybe you remember, I think I told you that I have been coming down to the Bronx for a long time and that I was a retired firefighter from Connecticut.

I'm hoping to be there this Wedensday if all goes well. "Anesti", you gonna join me ??? And just to stay on track here, "ALL are invited".

yes bill ill join you on wensday,just give me a call the night before so i can gather my stuff.

sorry, twisted up the screen names. I had meant you nfd. Have a good trip. These days I'm sitting on a bumper in lower manhattan. Not as much sun, but a better view.

"ny10570", yes sir, I do remember our conversation. Myself and "Anesti" will be pounding down a few of those Big Macs on Fordham Rd. "ny10570", I sure respect you for what you do. Be safe out there my friend.

I haven't been in the Bronx for awhile. But I assume the numbers for FDNY/EMS has changed. As "18 Zebra" has become "18 Rescue". Is that true with the Haz Mat and Rescue EMS units ? Can somebody post a list of the newer numbers for me. Thank you.