Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SWS1

Ridgefield Vol. Fire Department - 2010 Ford Expedition Chief's Vehicle

19 posts in this topic

The Ridgefield Volunteer Fire Department recently accepted delivery of a Special Services model, 2010 Ford Expedition, replacing one of two Dodge Ram 1500 pickups built by Specialty Warning Systems in 2005. (This Dodge Ram will continue it's service life following an upgrade, refit and reassignment to the Fire Police)

The audible & visual warning system is 100% Whelen, incorporating (in the front) an FX Freedom lightbar, two eight head red / white Dominators in the grille, M4 Super LEDs on each outer front corner and a headlight flasher. A 295HFS4 controller with secondary amplifier provides dual siren tones to two 100 watt speakers behind the grille. Six LINZ6 LEDs were installed on the side running boards, while another eight head Dominator in the rear cargo window, blue/amber TIR6s on either side of the OEM license plate, red LAW HideAways in the taillights and blue LAW HideAways in the reverse lights complete the rear warning. Two TIR3s, installed in the lower cargo compartment, provide additional rear facing warning when the cargo door is in the raised position, effectively blocking the Freedom bar. Their control is by way of a single switch that simultaneously deactivates the Dominator, protecting the vision of operators working in the rear of the vehicle.

The center console is a 30 inch Havis model, housing the department and fire police radios, Whelen control head, Uniden scanner, dual cup holders, power outlets, driver and passenger side armrests and nine inch storage compartment.

The custom rear Command / Storage Cabinet includes a command drawer with a marking whiteboard and clear overlay, hanging file and storage drawers, open storage for turnout and SCBA and three compartments for extinguishers and similar smaller equipment. Four Super LED compartment lights were installed on the cargo door and inside the cargo compartment, providing supplemental lighting at night.

The graphics package incorporates white reflective safety striping, gold leaf lettering and accents and a red / gold leaf maltese cross.

View the video through the link below

Visit us on the web

http://www.specialty...ingsystems.com/

post-7323-127180448997.jpg

post-7323-127180453191.jpg

post-7323-127180456014.jpg

post-7323-127180459668.jpg

post-7323-127180463598.jpg

post-7323-127180465883.jpg

post-7323-127180474593.jpg

post-7323-127180476755.jpg

post-7323-127180482431.jpg

post-7323-127180489064.jpg

Nice!

Was the grill custom painted to match, or is Ford offering factory color matching this year?

Another great job guys

Nice!

Was the grill custom painted to match, or is Ford offering factory color matching this year?

Painted

Painted

two dominators in the grill? they hoping even blind people will see it coming? nice looking... lets see the light show

two dominators in the grill? they hoping even blind people will see it coming? nice looking... lets see the light show

Very nice light package. Will definietly see that coming down the road. Not sure if I am a fan of the red grill. In my opinion they should have kept the chrome grill.

Also in the console would anyone happen to know what model ICOM radio that is??

Edited by WRVFD9000

Very nice package!! How does Ridgefield use this vehicle? Is it a Chief's car? General utility?

Very nice package!! How does Ridgefield use this vehicle? Is it a Chief's car? General utility?

I'm not with the Ridgefield Volunteer fire department but from what I have read this new vehicle is going to replace one of the 2005 Dodge Rams.The Dodge Ram that is being replaced will refitted for use by the Fire Police. I believe that the new Ford will be designated as Car 3 which I believe is the Volunteer chief.

Very nice light package. Will definietly see that coming down the road. Not sure if I am a fan of the red grill. In my opinion they should have kept the chrome grill.

The grill wasn't chrome, the SSV package has a matte gray/black grill. Same color as the side cladding. It also comes with steel wheels that were replaced.

Edited by provfd

I'm not with the Ridgefield Volunteer fire department but from what I have read this new vehicle is going to replace one of the 2005 Dodge Rams.The Dodge Ram that is being replaced will refitted for use by the Fire Police. I believe that the new Ford will be designated as Car 3 which I believe is the Volunteer chief.

You are correct, this is Car 3 and is the Volunteer Chief. The Ram will be repurposed as Car 7. The other Ram remains Car 4, Volunteer AC.

The grill wasn't chrome, the SSV package has a matte gray/black grill. Same color as the side cladding. It also comes with steel wheels that were replaced.

Thats interesting I didn't know that the SSV package came with matte gray/black grill and the steel wheels. With this new addition it seems like the Ridgefield VFD has some pretty nice equipment.

Does anyone have any pictures of the new refitted dodge ram that is going to be used for the fire police??

Edited by WRVFD9000

ame='provfd' date='10 May 2010 - 08:46 PM' timestamp='1273538806' post='210620']

Thats interesting I didn't know that the SSV package came with matte gray/black grill and the steel wheels. With this new addition it seems like the Ridgefield VFD has some pretty nice equipment.

Does anyone have any pictures of the new refitted dodge ram that is going to be used for the fire police??

The SSV package comes with pretty much nothing, it is intended for conversion to municipal service. No carpets, no console, no frills, low cost.

The SSV package comes with pretty much nothing, it is intended for conversion to municipal service. No carpets, no console, no frills, low cost.

That makes sense that they come pretty much nothing since companies like Specialty warning systems do most of the work afterwards anyway. In terms of the radios that get installed in the consoles, does SWS basically install them and then a company like Northeastern Comm or Utility communications do most of the programming or does SWS do most of the radio installation??

That makes sense that they come pretty much nothing since companies like Specialty warning systems do most of the work afterwards anyway. In terms of the radios that get installed in the consoles, does SWS basically install them and then a company like Northeastern Comm or Utility communications do most of the programming or does SWS do most of the radio installation??

SWS does it all.

No hide-aways in the fog lights....surprising. Awesome light package anyways!

Edited by PFDRes47cue

The combination of decent wattage bulbs and small reflector assemblies creates too much heat for LED hide-aways.

No hide-aways in the fog lights....surprising. Awesome light package anyways!

The combination of decent wattage bulbs and small reflector assemblies creates too much heat for LED hide-aways.

Yeah, my friend had the same problem in his car. he simply removed the fog lights as they were not being used anyways. Now they only have the hide-aways. Either way, great looking ride.

For strobes yes, you can melt full size light housings with lots of clearance. Not so for LED's. Even so, with 2 eight head dominators there isn't much punch you could add to the front view.

Edited by provfd