Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Tappan woman charged with falsely accusing firefighter of theft

5 posts in this topic

Tappan woman charged with falsely accusing firefighter of theft

By Khurram Saeed • ksaeed@lohud.com • April 27, 2010

ORANGETOWN — A Tappan woman has been accused of falsely reporting that a volunteer firefighter stole $7,000 and jewels from her home while responding to a blaze.

http://www.lohud.com/article/20100427/NEWS03/4270346/Tappan-woman-charged-with-falsely-accusing-firefighter-of-theft

What a shame. People are always quick to jump at and accuse volunteers for numerous reason. (I am not starting a volunteer vs. career discussion/argument/war!) I remember hearing about a similar instance in one of my department well before I joined. I believe a member was accused of stealing a laptop. I hope Yung enjoys her misdemeanor.

good that they locked her up ... she more than likely won't see any time but at least it will be on her record and now everyone knows that she is a LIAR !!!

What a shame. People are always quick to jump at and accuse volunteers for numerous reason. (I am not starting a volunteer vs. career discussion/argument/war!) I remember hearing about a similar instance in one of my department well before I joined. I believe a member was accused of stealing a laptop. I hope Yung enjoys her misdemeanor.

This has nothing to do with volunteers. I was on a run where we were accused after the fact. It was investigated thorourghly until the occupant decided they misplaced the money/belongings. The only difference is no one was charged much to my dismay. What lessons can be drawn? Keep the standards high so we only have those with clear backgrounds. Never tolerate anything like this and when falsly accused stand up for your members.

helicopper likes this

Yes, this brings up the issue of having background checks for all of your members. Not so much because of the possibility of them stealing, but to keep the members from looking guilty when they aren't. For instance, if someone in the house had a theft charge on their record, this lady might have never been caught and an innocent person could be charged.

She should be charged with a felony.

Edited by Alpinerunner