Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PFDRes47cue

Fan Tased At Baseball Game

32 posts in this topic

Every case I've seen where a Taser was used on someone who later went into arrest, an undiagnosed medical condition or drugs we're found to be factors. There's even at least one case of a taser correcting a dangerous arrhythmia. Tasers are not harmless but they're the best choice for the officers safety and minimal potential harm for the perp. Remember, the officer's safety is paramount.

TASER is for the most part an extremely safe less lethal weapon. Not the distinction "less" lethal. As a Tactical Medic I deal with perps who have had a TASER deployed on them quite often. Rarely do I have to transport them to the hospital and that is mostly because of cardiac history to be on the safe side or a barb placement considered to be sensitive. It basically delivers at a max about 2.1 amps which is well below the cardiac fibrillation threshold. If my memory serves me correctly, TASER has only had 1 successful lawsuit against them and because of it started to change their recommendations from monitor those who have had a unit deployed on them to transport them to a medical facility. Most PD's I deal with bascially have EMS monitor them and have a policy on what the reasons are for having them immediately sent to the hospital for further eval.

Chris...you're funny. Guess that's what happens when the Jedi posts under one of his Jedi Masters lol.

Tasers are not harmless but they're the best choice for the officers safety and minimal potential harm for the perp. Remember, the officer's safety is paramount.

Tasers fall into the category of less-lethal options (as in less lethal than a firearm). Nobody should ever say that they are harmless.