Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ems-buff

New Rochelle Fire 3-8-05 Discussion

34 posts in this topic

Yonkers maintains Reserve fleet at Ridge Hill 3 Engines & 1 Ladder- primary goal to release mutual aid asap - we also have spare apparatus in Fire houses with equipment at Ridge Hill the nite of Caryl Ave we were able to put in service 4 additional Engines and 3 additional ladders and 3 Battalions MA was released asap

There had to be a reason why Yonkers decided to go home at 1 AM. Maybe they didn't want to cover an empty New Rochelle firehouse. It just dosen't make sense.  :-k

We don't know the reason why, So remember no monday morning Quarterbacking. [-X

pbvpm, I don't think its Monday morning quaterbacking. I was just wondering if they have a policy about standing by at other firehouses. I also think the Yonkers firefighters do a fantastic job. I don't think it was the 5 guys on the Yonkers rig who decided to pick up and go home 10 minutes after 2301 gave a progress report of heavy fire still in the rear of the building. Like someone stated earlier there is alot of politics that surround the YFD but we shouldn't hold that against the men of the YFD who are great at what they do.

damn good point x2321, and i'm not trying to be a monday morning QB either, but how did they know they weren't going to get called to the scene, or another job? I don't agree with leaving a major city like that uncovered as they did.