Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bnechis

The Annual Parade Debate Thread 2010

37 posts in this topic

not to be a huge dick, but if this kinda thing bothers you maybe you're in the wrong business.......... fire trucks are made to perform and be the workhorses of public safety, if you want a glitter sparkle truck and a trophy, maybe you should look into car shows.;)

Keep in mind too, in most cases Joe Public foot the bill for that truck. So if they want to see it at a parade, that's their choice. Our village hosts a street fair every June, and one of the big issues every year that we hear from our Village Board and members of the community is how they love the parade with all of the fire trucks. Many people comment on how parades are part of that "Americana" lifestyle so many people want. I love parades too, but the judging needs to change (or go bye-bye).

not to be a huge dick, but if this kinda thing bothers you maybe you're in the wrong business.......... fire trucks are made to perform and be the workhorses of public safety, if you want a glitter sparkle truck and a trophy, maybe you should look into car shows.;)

well if u understood what i was saying then u would realize i mean the same as you, theres to many parade wagons out there that cost the towns way too much money, when u have guys that run there trucks everyday and dont have budgets to chrome them out but have guys who work hard to keep an old dog looking good, it seems that these days if u dont have chrome on every inch of the rig u dont even get looked at anymore,parades are way out of hand now they should do away with the trophy's, beer and the food, seems to me alot of guys only show up for that anyway, shouldnt be drinking beer in your uniform while in front of the public anyway

If your rescue was up against Bnechis' rescue, you would win hands down.

This should be good. I have to ask why?

Is it because we have no chrome, no gold leaf or anything that was done for show? Is it because R-4 is designed to give our members the ability to handle almost anything but a parade?

or is it you just want to get under my skin?

Not according the the parade judges association

DELETED CONTENT

If you did that then we never would have learned about the "rules" for judging, I learned something new this year.

If we go back and read the previous years it gets into the lack of community coverage, which was barly written on this time. That was the dead horse, since clearly nobody cares if a FD can provide fire protection.

If you think reading this thread is so bad, why are you (and 180+ other viewers) wasting your time reading it?

How about we do away with the trophies and judging and just march and wave to the kids. Who cares if my firetruck is cleaner than yours?

My thoughts exactly...

This should be good. I have to ask why?

Is it because we have no chrome, no gold leaf or anything that was done for show? Is it because R-4 is designed to give our members the ability to handle almost anything but a parade?

or is it you just want to get under my skin?

I wasn't referring to NRFD R-4, I was referring to that old bucket of bolts YOU owned a few years back. The old West Haven rescue. blink.gif