Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HaggisHose22

Rescue/Box Ambulance Needed

7 posts in this topic

We are a small department in Upstate NY (Greene County). We are looking for a used smaller rescue or box type ambulance for donation or very inexpensive. We have been responding to EMS and Rope Rescue calls in a 20 year old box style ambulance that was donated to us 13 years ago. Recently, our 30 year old tanker had to have the transmission replaced for nearly $10,000 which depleted our equipment and repair budget. A week later our Rescue (Ambulance) had a transmission failure as well. To summarize, we run approximately 50 EMS calls a year and 15 rope/tech rescue calls a year in addition to our fire calls so this vehicle has become an integral part of our fleet. If anyone knows of something that you think may work for us, please post here, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Haggis Hose 22

Hey Haggis,

I just took a minute to look at your department web site. The site has great pictures and is very informative. It seems like your department is very involved with the community which is nice to see. I would urge the other members of EMT Bravo to take a look at the Palenville FD site, it's worth the visit.

I'm sorry that I can't help you with any leads on a new rescue but I do wish you and your department the best of luck, and as always, Stay Safe !

We are a small department in Upstate NY (Greene County). We are looking for a used smaller rescue or box type ambulance for donation or very inexpensive. We have been responding to EMS and Rope Rescue calls in a 20 year old box style ambulance that was donated to us 13 years ago. Recently, our 30 year old tanker had to have the transmission replaced for nearly $10,000 which depleted our equipment and repair budget. A week later our Rescue (Ambulance) had a transmission failure as well. To summarize, we run approximately 50 EMS calls a year and 15 rope/tech rescue calls a year in addition to our fire calls so this vehicle has become an integral part of our fleet. If anyone knows of something that you think may work for us, please post here, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

I am glad you brought this up. I have been donating rigs and equipment to our brothers upstate for sometime now.There are many that have small budgets and need our help, but we send our New York stuff to foreign countrys and that blows my mind!!

We are selling our old rescue. Mack/Saulsbury walk-in 1988, great shape. E-mail me at mjszpindor@Hotmail.com for more info

No rescues, but my dept has 2 engines for sale. a 87 Hahn and a 82 Stuphen. Both less than $15K each (I dont remember the exact $ figure, but will check Monday) They are availible for immediate delivery. PM me for more info.