Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SteveOFD

KME Factory Open House & Tour

4 posts in this topic

I came across this while looking through the KME website. KME Kovatch Organization will be having an open house with tours of their assembly plant on Saturday July 10, 2010 from 10A to 4P. It says they will have various apparatus on display. With the tour of the plant, if anyone does go, you may see one or more of the several area apparatus that are in production. This does look interesting.

I came across this while looking through the KME website. KME Kovatch Organization will be having an open house with tours of their assembly plant on Saturday July 10, 2010 from 10A to 4P. It says they will have various apparatus on display. With the tour of the plant, if anyone does go, you may see one or more of the several area apparatus that are in production. This does look interesting.

I had the chance to attend this open house/tour about 3 or 4 years ago. This is a great event that allows you to see every part of production from the preplanning stages/drafting to the finished product. KME allows you to go through every building and see the inner workings of their plant. Usually at every building there is a rig being put together, whether it's engine mount, paint, or even the ladder or electronics. There is some demos on pumps and arial devices from what i remember. Usually, all who attend bring their respective apparatus and those too are on display. Plenty of ideas to borrow from other departments if you are thinking of getting a rig from KME.

Drove by that lace in February when I was out in PA for a mini-vacay. HUGE place. Fire Apparatus is just the tip of their manufacturing/maintenance iceburg.

bump

Anyone planning on going this Saturday?