Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Just a guy

LODD's in 2010

3 posts in this topic

I was just looking at the number of Line of Duty Deaths so far in 2010 and as of this morning it stands at 88. This means that there have been as many line of Duty Deaths through June 29, 2010 as there were last year through August 31,2009.

I urge all of my brothers and sisters to BE CAREFUL, BE ALERT, and maybe take that extra second to make sure that you are as safe as possible.

Well said. It seems that the levels of violence in general is escalating and the anti-cop/anti-government sentiment is as bad as ever.

I'm sorry to have to add to this thread the following:

Two Tampa police officers killed

Chief Castor: "Our hearts are broken"

Updated: Tuesday, 29 Jun 2010, 5:35 PM EDT

Published : Tuesday, 29 Jun 2010, 4:35 AM EDT

MyFoxTampaBay.com staff report

TAMPA - Two Tampa police officers died after they were shot during an otherwise routine traffic stop early Tuesday morning.

The shooting happened at 50th Street and 34th Avenue at 2:15 a.m. Tuesday. Police are questioning a person of interest in the case as they conduct a massive search for the suspected gunman.

Officer Jeff Kocab, 31, passed away shortly after he was brought to Tampa General Hospital. Officer Dave Curtis, also 31, was put on life support and pronounced dead around 8:30 a.m. at TGH.

post-1020-049388300 1277851015.jpg

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/local/hillsborough/tampa-police-officers-shot-062910

Rest in Peace.