Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
emtpjimd

Wallingford, CT Fire Department

4 posts in this topic

If there is anyone familiar with the Wallingford FD, can you please drop me a PM? They are currently hiring and I have some questions about the department. Thanks!

-Jim

I am familiar with Wallingford and the position is for firefighters with a CT EMT-P (paramedic) certification / National Registry. The deadline is July 6th and the application fee is $40.00.

If you have any questions, I will be happy to answer them for you or get you in touch with someone from the career department.

I'm a member of the volunteer side there, OUTSTANDING department. Everything is boiled down to the simplest and safest way things can be done, no confusing abnormal SOPs to deal with. The hardest thing you'll have to learn is the hydrants open the wrong way.

If you get on there, I hope you love training, they do it CONSTANTLY, which is one of the reasons why I love riding there. Volunteer/Career relations are some of the best I've seen anywhere, equipment is good and up to date, safety protocols are taken seriously. The town is interesting, there is almost every kind of building construction you could possibly imagine as well as every type of special hazard except an airport. Only reason I wouldn't apply is that I don't have my Paramedic.

I highly recommend taking this test, if you need contact information PM me and I'll get you through to the right person.