Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geppetto

Man arrested for stealing ambulance from Stamford Hospital

8 posts in this topic

Jeff Morganteen

Stamford Advocate

August 6, 2010

STAMFORD -- Police say a 19-year-old New Jersey man stole a ambulance from Stamford Hospital early Friday and was arrested after paramedics pulled him from the vehicle and held him until police arrived....

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/news/article/Man-arrested-for-stealing-ambulance-from-Stamford-605816.php

I wonder what that "unknown condition" was. people never cease to amaze me. I dont know how some people think. Kudos to the medics or EMS personnel who pulled him from the ambulance though. Pretty gutsy though. Glad they took action and didnt end up hurt, but I would have reported it to PD and let officers handle it though.

I say good for the medics for getting their bus back !! I wonder if the perp fell as he was pulled from the ambulance !!!!!

I'm interested to know if the "waiting ambulance" was left running and unattended.

I'm interested to know if the "waiting ambulance" was left running and unattended.

Me too. Summertime though...gotta keep that A/C flowing. However, I know of some EMS agencies that have systems where you take the keys with you and leave the vehicle running. If the vehicle's brake or accelartion pedal is touched, or transmission is changed during this time, it kills the engine. That should be a law that it be required on all ambulances.

I can think of NUMEROUS stories in the metro NYC area over the past few years where this kind of thing has happened.

And people wonder why I'm so neurotic about locking my vehicle.

Every fdny bus has a ignition kill in it ( leave the bus runnning and take the keys as soon as someone hits the breaks it shuts off) i dont understand why this isn't standard in more agencies by now

Edited by prucha25

That's one of the things I miss about driving the Chevy Caprice radio cars, besides the amazing acceleration, incredible handling and the great amount of room inside them, you could leave them running and take the key out and lock the doors. If i remember correctly if the ignition wasn't locked you could start them without a key also.. God I miss those cars.