Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
1075thebox

8/23/10 I-287 MCI

7 posts in this topic

Question...

I was doing my best listening to the MCI on I287 yesterday and didnt notice Elmsford, Valhalla or Armonk EMS called.

Any reason why?

It would appear there were other agency's that would seem to be closer. I would be curious to know the reasoning behind the agency's dispatched. (The less obvious ones, of course).

I think that's the interesting part. There is a logical reason why say Scardsdale was dispatched and say Valhalla wasn't.

I wouldn't want to be the guy or gal who gets the call that asks for 10 ambulances.

Looks like everything went as smoothly as possible.

I like the stories, not the critics.

Remember585 likes this

My only guess would be they wanted to maybe have valhalla cover for White Plains, since their rigs were busy

Could be most of the ambulances sent were all ALS buses except 2 of then which medics rode in on and were manned at the time soo they were called...

Also, where this is on 287 is far to get to from Elmsford and Armonk, not sure about Valhalla. Additionally, it is not the best idea to strip an entire area of all of its EMS resources.

edit:sorry...bad proofing

Edited by bvfdjc316

I would say that they "leap-frogged" units not to cause a void of ems units in the immediate vicinity. As an example, years ago when there was a riot at the prison in Newtown Ct, My EMS, Bethel & Stony Hill provided coverage to newtown [ picked up an extrication and 2 other runs], while units from far away as the CT/NY line Waterbury and the Norwalk area provided transport to Danbury, Waterbury and Bridgeprot Hospitals. This also allowed the on-scene units to triage and not be overwhelmed by incoming units and causing additional chaos on scene. It also provided Newtown to have ems coverage with crews that run into newtown with a working knowledge of the roads etc.

Armonk was requested. for elmsford to get to were the call was they would of had to go east on 287 just to Come back west. vahalla I can't help u with.