Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ga-Lin

More Mgt. Changes at Hudson Valley Paramedics

18 posts in this topic

CEO Mike Witkowski is no longer at or with HVP. Anyone Know when this happened? Did I miss something?

CEO Mike Witkowski is no longer at or with HVP. Anyone Know when this happened? Did I miss something?

Yes,awhile ago.

Yes,awhile ago.

Thanks Tom, any idea what he's up to & where he is.

Thanks Tom, any idea what he's up to & where he is.

Just curious, who's running HVP now?

Yeah, I found out Mike Wik was working Transcare like 3 days before his departure. I was kinda surprised he left HVP. What's the average life span of a manager over there lately? 6 months?

orangEMT246 likes this

Yeah, I found out Mike Wik was working Transcare like 3 days before his departure. I was kinda surprised he left HVP. What's the average life span of a manager over there lately? 6 months?

It does seem the more things change the more things stay the same, doesn't it?

Bob Rizzo

Unknown to me. No disrespect intended, but other than being honcho at HVP his claim to fame is.... what?

Unknown to me. No disrespect intended, but other than being honcho at HVP his claim to fame is.... what?

Bob has been in the business longer than most of his employees have been alive. He's been a paramedic throughout the region and brings a great deal of experience to the organization. What exactly are you looking for?

Bob Rizzo was one of my original EMT instructors 20+ years ago at WCC. Great guy; very knowledgeable.

Bob has been in the business longer than most of his employees have been alive. He's been a paramedic throughout the region and brings a great deal of experience to the organization. What exactly are you looking for?

Sounds like me & my type of guy. Wasn't looking for anything just getting use to the forum & chatting. Like I said no offence or disrespect intended. It never ceases to amaze me, with as long as I've been in EMS there are still people of this longevity that I haven't met yet. Thanks for responding & hope I haven't broken any of your rules.

Sounds like a great guy. I wish him well with his new challenge.

I am a Paramedic today because of Bob Rizzo and a few other Medics that lead the way & supported me. Bob has been in this game & knows everyone and then some.

HVP, is alot better today than where it has come from ( and I am not being disrespectful to any of the past Mgmt (except for 1 with is short life after BT). Lets face it Everyone has brought something to the table good & bad. I can also look back and recall that some people posted that the company would not be here in another 3 years.

Well it's 5 years later, yes the name has changed and so has several faces. That is part of growing. The company has come along way & I will support the company to go on. Rizzo, will always have my support & the the employees at HVP should support Bob as well as our company. That will makes us even better. The old saying " Together we stand, divided we fall" . You don't have to like the company or the man to do your job, but respect and do your job. That will make the diff. That goes for everyone and where ever you work.

What does HVP cover these days. I left before the name change, and loss of Putnam. Are they just doing transport or do they have contracts in the region?

What does HVP cover these days. I left before the name change, and loss of Putnam. Are they just doing transport or do they have contracts in the region?

Yes they have contracts in Orange,Pa, and Pleasant Valley (Dutch). Every company does transport.

In Orange County, they are the ALS provider for:

Port Jervis

Lenape

Pine Island

Warwick

Florida

Greenwood Lake

As well as having contracts with Orange County Motor Speedway and most of the nursing homes on the Western end of the county

How many 911 trucks do they have on the West Side of the river? Weren't they doing something with Stewart Airport as well? I know they also have/had a truck at some ritzy development in Pike county, PA.

They also do ALS for Chester and they supply daytime paid EMTs for Chester VAC.

They are responsible for a part of Stewart Airport, and they do have the Hemlock Farms development out in PA.

I have also City of Middletown PD say that an EDP was removed to Arden Hill by Regional, rather than Mobile Life. I don't know if this was at a nursing home up there or not.